News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by Tony, April 06, 2012, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

I think the darker TWM blue may be a better option

nx4737

1401 Seems to have a much richer red, if that makes sense...

richie

I really cant understand when NXWM refurb these vehicles they don't fit the tree bars on the front anyone know why this is?

D10

3 possible reasons that I can think of about the tree bars:

1) As double deck operation is such a common feature of the area, the trees are generally kept well trimmed and away from the roads.

2) NXWM don't do private hire any more so vehicles are unlikely to meet a tree in a location where they don't usually go.

3) I have heard it said that the bars do more harm than good as branches can get caught in them, pulling them away from the bodywork with resulting damage to the front of the bus.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: D10 on April 24, 2012, 09:29:15 PM

1) As double deck operation is such a common feature of the area, the trees are generally kept well trimmed and away from the roads.

2) NXWM don't do private hire any more so vehicles are unlikely to meet a tree in a location where they don't usually go.

3) I have heard it said that the bars do more harm than good as branches can get caught in them, pulling them away from the bodywork with resulting damage to the front of the bus.

Or collecting branches and having them wedged in!

What about the tree deflectors on enviro 400s? Do these encounter the same problems

Quote from: D10 on April 24, 2012, 09:29:15 PM

richie

Not that i know of

TinnedPeaches

One of Wolverhampton's new Volvos drove past me (very slowly) the other day and I could already see a flatness developing in the tone of the red section of the livery. Was 4177's livery only to be experimental for Birmingham area-based vehicles? I certainly never saw it anywhere near me, and yes, I know it's not from a garage local to me, but I'd have thought if they were opening up to public opinion on a new livery they'd have sent it (or painted another vehicle) around the depots. I'm perpetually disappointed in the quality of NXWM's livery and the inconsistencies of its application.

richie

There was talk of 4801 been painted into it but never happened

matt904102

Quote from: Stu on April 08, 2012, 12:16:47 PM
Also it helps when buses are washed frequently too. ;-)

I did read somewhere before that NXWM were also investing in new bus-washing facilities at their garages.
All buses go thru the washer when they are fueled. Problem is over time the brushed flat the paint surface and then no amount of washing will get the grime out. I believe in the PTE era a varnish was applied over the paint which seemed to work. You rarely saw PTE bus with a mat finish

mranon

i bet they use a tfr based wash additive to remove the grime, and lets face it, they probably never see a good polish to keep em shining

richie

Quote from: matt904102 on June 20, 2012, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: Stu on April 08, 2012, 12:16:47 PM
Also it helps when buses are washed frequently too. ;-)

I did read somewhere before that NXWM were also investing in new bus-washing facilities at their garages.
All buses go thru the washer when they are fueled. Problem is over time the brushed flat the paint surface and then no amount of washing will get the grime out. I believe in the PTE era a varnish was applied over the paint which seemed to work. You rarely saw PTE bus with a mat finish

Take note on the enviros painted in the new shiny paint and the brush on the offside leaves what looks like scratches however its diesel on the brushes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk