News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

accident in wolverhampton

Started by matt904102, June 18, 2012, 09:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

I'd say the station and it's actual designed use is safe, just the passengers are idiots.

Wolverhampton would probably be the safest bus station ever for pedestrians (you never have to go into a road, being inside at all times) if people didn't go out of their way to be unsafe (squeezing past the bus stupidly and walking into the bus lanes).

That would happen at any bus station layout unfortunately.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

mranon

the idea of wolves design has its fors and against, but obviously the doors could have been better positioned so you could pull up properly in a bus. at the moment you have to allow room to swing out, as its tight on the corners. even worse, i think the bays needed to be slightly longer (b7's obviously struggle with their extra length!) and the doors slightly further back. this would allow better access, and allow all types of buses to be used. in this i mean optare solo types with the wheels at front.

as for public trying to walk across the roadways, they are purely stupid, however the stands are maybe a little too far away especially for the elderly or disabled. i still prefer the old bus station as regards to you could unload and let people on their way, changeovers were done before public started to get on, and if it wasnt your time on the stand, you had somewhere to layover.

as for this accident, maybe a toughened bollard or girder on the corner would have saved the bus hitting the building, and bus in front?

mranon

perhaps the staff are supposed to grit the area just outside the doors? i think the green bins contain the granules for drying up vehicle fluids. however stand p is absolutely rediculous. im suprised they were allowed to stay there, as imho, they need to be relocated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk