News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on January 09, 2021, 02:31:01 PM
The Walsall map (in an attempt to change the subject!).

Notice the 3 has been truncated at Brownhills, but should the 1 & 2E be taken off as well now?

P. s.

Thanks for that observation @Westy.

Bus Man K2

Can anybody please tell me/help me?

On the Birmingham map it shows that there are some services that operate up Vicarage Road onto an unnamed road then onto Stoney Lane. Which services do this please?

Also does the 89 operate both directions along Devonshire Road or is it just towards B'ham?

I know that Smethwick High Street has become one way with Tollhouse Way becoing served by bus services. I assume all the routes on High Street now only operate in the direction of Rolfe Street down the High Street?

Also does the 89 still run all the way along Stoney Lane in Smethwick?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

anyway now we've short of cleard the previous post up in a wa. Can we just get back to the topic no, please?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 12:58:47 PM
I'm only goning on what it says on the map in the key. Yes I know that might be wrong but it's just the way I work it out!! 😁
You're misunderstanding what that key in the map actually means.  The key shows that that stretch of road is served by another service that stops to pick up and drop off passengers

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 06:21:03 PM
As far as I can see, the 35 on the map is correct, terminating on Moor Street, where it has been for many years, so what is the query

Just to answer your queation @Tony I was just asking if the 35 still operated along Moor St Q'way. So when I said serve I meant operate along it. As I said though in my eyes it still serves it even though it doesnt actuallly stop along it. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point and move on. Get back onto topic now. Otherwise I would say I'd stop posting and to delete the tread but I'd only want to start another one up in the future. so there's no point in delivering it.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 09, 2021, 05:19:59 PM
You're misunderstanding what that key in the map actually means.  The key shows that that stretch of road is served by another service that stops to pick up and drop off passengers

If that is correct @Pat then surely havening the X12 and X70 on that road or other roads shouldn't matter as if other services serve the road by stopping on it then the X12 and X70 is ok to be on there even though it doesnt stop along there?

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 05:23:38 PM
If that is correct @Pat then surely havening the X12 and X70 on that road or other roads shouldn't matter as if other services serve the road by stopping on it then the X12 and X70 is ok to be on there even though it doesnt stop laong there?
Not sure what your on about to be honest.

The 55/94 don't go to the same places as X12/X70.
And nothing serves Heartlands Parkway.

But you've been told that the X12/X70 DO NOT serve Nechells Parkway. Why do you need to keep arguing about it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
Hi @Tony  Ok then I will suggest that it either should be show on all three routes that they take between Bitmingham and Bromford or none at all.

However when TfWM go back to printing their vertiono of the timetables how would you suggest that they show them running between B'ham and Bromford @Tony and @Adam 404? As you say @Adam 404  you don't show it in the timetable that you've produced. Which in my eyes doesnt seem right but hay ho lets just carry on with this topic now and move past this. 😁
The timetables show timing points only and don't feature a map so I have absolutely no idea what you are on about. All information on the latest X12 timetable leaflet is correct.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 09, 2021, 05:25:01 PM
Not sure what your on about to be honest.

The 55/94 don't go to the same places as X12/X70.
And nothing serves Heartlands Parkway.

But you've been told that the X12/X70 DO NOT serve Nechells Parkway. Why do you need to keep arguing about it.

I have just checked Google maps and you are correct that no services operate along Heartlands Parkway. I was jist going by what the TfWM  timetable map was saying. sorry to everyone who read all 9 pages of the augument. Now that's sorted properly, can we get back to the topic please?

I did not brig this back up. I only replyed to @Tony and then I said to got back onto track and topic.

So can we just get back to the topic please?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 09, 2021, 05:28:28 PM
The timetables show timing points only and don't feature a map so I have absolutely no idea what you are on about. All information on the latest X12 timetable leaflet is correct.

@Adam 404
That is your edition and not TfWM's isn't it? I'm looking at the TfWM edition (dated 1 Sept 19). 😁

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 03:33:26 PM
On the Birmingham map it shows that there are some services that operate up Vicarage Road onto an unnamed road then onto Stoney Lane. Which services do this please?

Which Vicarage Road and Stoney Lane are you asking about?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2021, 06:17:04 PM
Which Vicarage Road and Stoney Lane are you asking about?

Hi @Stu

I'm talking about the Vicarage Road and Stoney Lane in Smethwick if that's any help? 😁

Thanks for answering the post.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 03:33:26 PM
Can anybody please tell me/help me?

Also does the 89 operate both directions along Devonshire Road or is it just towards B'ham?

I know that Smethwick High Street has become one way with Tollhouse Way becoing served by bus services. I assume all the routes on High Street now only operate in the direction of Rolfe Street down the High Street?

Also does the 89 still run all the way along Stoney Lane in Smethwick?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

anyway now we've short of cleard the previous post up in a wa. Can we just get back to the topic no, please?

89 turns left onto Devonshire Road. Only a school bus serves the other part of Stoney Lane.

No current bus uses that Vicarage Road/Green Street segment you have mentioned. I'd feel very sorry for any bus driver that had to try and squeeze down there unless in a minibus.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2021, 06:30:56 PM
89 turns left onto Devonshire Road. Only a school bus serves the other part of Stoney Lane.

No current bus uses that Vicarage Road/Green Street segment you have mentioned. I'd feel very sorry for any bus driver that had to try and squeeze down there unless in a minibus.

Hi @ellspurs
Thanks for that clarification.

does the 89  run both direction along Devonshire Road? or just in the one direction? 😁

Bus Man K2

Does anyone know what route the 604 does in Sutton Coldfield?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 06:39:07 PM
Hi @ellspurs
Thanks for that clarification.

does the 89  run both direction along Devonshire Road? or just in the one direction? 😁

Both.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 06:40:51 PM
Does anyone know what route the 604 does in Sutton Coldfield?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

Pretty much the route shown on the map, with the exception that no bus serves the tiny bottom part of Somerville Road between Braemar Road and Jockey Road.

If you go on the TfWM website, it gives you the option to view a map of the route: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables/#/route/cen_13604_%20_H_y11_7-7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk