News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

I was racking my brains to remember if I've seen a bus on that section of the road. I didn't comment as I couldn't confirm that I could remember.

Looking at the routes that serves the roads around there, there doesn't appear to be a reason why a bus would be using that part of the ring road unless returning to garage/leaving garage. The only possible one I thought of originally was the X6, but that leaves/enters Coventry via Gosford Street and the roundabout by Stabby Village.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2021, 05:15:19 PM
There's plenty of people who work at Coventry both TfWM or NXWM who they could ask if needed who know every route in Coventry

I'm not disputing that @Tony  however if they did would they actually know? As I know I've asked people who wotk in an area and they don't always know everythinj. Before you ask for an example... I can't give one because it's been such a long time since I asked a question and I can't rememver the respons anyway!😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 16, 2021, 05:20:03 PM
I was racking my brains to remember if I've seen a bus on that section of the road. I didn't comment as I couldn't confirm that I could remember.

Looking at the routes that serves the roads around there, there doesn't appear to be a reason why a bus would be using that part of the ring road unless returning to garage/leaving garage. The only possible one I thought of originally was the X6, but that leaves/enters Coventry via Gosford Street and the roundabout by Stabby Village.

Thanjs @ellspurs... The onky one that I could think of is the schools service 58 that comes down Foleshill road (according to Google maps)... which before people tell me is noymt a good transport map to use...9 times out of 10 it is correct, but as the 58 only runs Schooldays only I cant check the route.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 05:21:59 PM
however if they did would they actually know?

Yes, as I said there are plenty that know every route in Coventry down to minute detail. Are you seriously saying they ask someone who doesn't actually know any of the routes, or is it more a case of you volunteering to check it?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2021, 05:34:42 PM
Yes, as I said there are plenty that know every route in Coventry down to minute detail. Are you seriously saying they ask someone who doesn't actually know any of the routes, or is it more a case of you volunteering to check it?

I'm saying that there is know one from Coventry that they know that could volunteer like me.... Also as I said when  I asked something (which I can't remwmber what ifmt way) the person didn't know and they actually worked for NX or TfWM.. I can't remember which company it was but it was definatly someone from NX or TfWM... 😁

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
Thanjs @ellspurs... The onky one that I could think of is the schools service 58 that comes down Foleshill road (according to Google maps)... which before people tell me is noymt a good transport map to use...9 times out of 10 it is correct, but as the 58 only runs Schooldays only I cant check the route.

Off the NXC website; the 58/58A is a Schools service running Four Pounds Ave/Allesley Park to West Coventry Academy, with one journey leaving Trinity St at 07.26 heading to the same school.

In the afternoons one service heads to town via Jubilee Crescent (Radford) and one just to Jubilee Crescent. I can't imagine much use of the Ring Road would be needed for these.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 16, 2021, 05:45:30 PM
Off the NXC website; the 58/58A is a Schools service running Four Pounds Ave/Allesley Park to West Coventry Academy, with one journey leaving Trinity St at 07.26 heading to the same school.

In the afternoons one service heads to town via Jubilee Crescent (Radford) and one just to Jubilee Crescent. I can't imagine much use of the Ring Road would be needed for these.

Then when you actuall go onto the Foleshill Road the stop at Leicester Row says 57 & 57A  so I don't know which one to beleave!!!😁

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 05:43:00 PM
I'm saying that there is know one from Coventry that they know that could volunteer like me.... Also as I said when  I asked something (which I can't remwmber what ifmt way) the person didn't know and they actually worked for NX or TfWM.. I can't remember which company it was but it was definatly someone from NX or TfWM... 😁

If you don't know, then you don't know, there's no shame in admitting that.

If you're just a volunteer for TfWM then you should be under no obligations to do so.

They employ enough people as it is on paid salaries who should be expected to 'know' this kind of trivial information.

Don't beat yourself up over this, and don't expect others to provide this information voluntarily.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 05:54:50 PM
Then when you actuall go onto the Foleshill Road the stop at Leicester Row says 57 & 57A  so I don't know which one to beleave!!!😁

That sounds like the completely separate Stagecoach service up the Foleshill Rd (nothing to do with the NXC schools 58/58A). In fact Stagecoach only run the 55/55A/56 run that way now (with the 48/X48).

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 16, 2021, 06:17:00 PM
That sounds like the completely separate Stagecoach service up the Foleshill Rd (nothing to do with the NXC schools 58/58A). In fact Stagecoach only run the 55/55A/56 run that way now (with the 48/X48).

I forgot about the Stagecoach 57 and 57A. I thought it was the NXC school 57 and probably a variation of that service.

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 11:54:43 AM
I am currently looking at the Coventry area map and as I don't live in this area. I was just wondering does anybody know are there any services that operate along the Ringway between Foleshill Road & London Road?

The NXC X30 is probably the only normal bus service running along that section of the Ringway... Outbound from White St to Sky Blue Way and Inbound from Sky Blue Way to the Eaton Rd link, this is clearly and correctly shown on the Traveline Midlands map for the service.
The withdrawn NXC 27A and some Stagecoach services along the London Road had previously ran that section of the Ringway but not anymore.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on January 16, 2021, 08:17:27 PM
The NXC X30 is probably the only normal bus service running along that section of the Ringway... Outbound from White St to Sky Blue Way and Inbound from Sky Blue Way to the Eaton Rd link, this is clearly and correctly shown on the Traveline Midlands map for the service.
The withdrawn NXC 27A and some Stagecoach services along the London Road had previously ran that section of the Ringway but not anymore.

Thanks @JPC.. I knew the X30 did the section of Rigway between White Street and Sky Blue Way out bound and from Sky Blue Way to Eaton Road inbound along the ringway. Its just the section between White Street and Foleshill Road that I needed to know.. Which I think you've cleared up... I assume you're saying nothing now operates along the bit of ringway between White Street and Foleshill Road then?

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 08:38:38 PM
Thanks @JPC.. I knew the X30 did the section of Ringway between White Street and Sky Blue Way out bound and from Sky Blue Way to Eaton Road inbound along the ringway. Its just the section between White Street and Foleshill Road that I needed to know.. Which I think you've cleared up... I assume you're saying nothing now operates along the bit of ringway between White Street and Foleshill Road then?
Yes, Nothing.

karl724223

Tfwm must be desperate  that all I can say asking somebody to help them that doesn't know and keeps asking all the questions on this forum

Bus Man K2

Quote from: karl724223 on January 16, 2021, 09:44:52 PM
Tfwm must be desperate  that all I can say asking somebody to help them that doesn't know and keeps asking all the questions on this forum

Hi @karl724223

No TfWM aren't desperate...they saw an opportunity to invite me in as an outsider and a enthusiast. Also as they carnt always get things right, with my expertise in detail (except for Coventry) I do pritty well considering... also they said to get as many people envolved as possible... I can only assue its because of the workload that they gets so much wrong!! 😁

So that's another reason why they asked me to get envolved as I have very little to do during the day except for my other things that envlove NX and stop lists!!!!😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk