News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Videos

Started by Ashley, July 12, 2012, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Nice video, especially at the thrash bit.

Niall

A few clips from the Fleetline day at Wythall on Sunday:

Might as well add these as well...

NX 4021 on X51 on the farewell day:

First 67648 on the 420 on Hereford's last day:
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

RS

London Euston

RS

London Euston

Ronnoc

- The first recording of a crimson Gemini.

james99

Ronnoc

A long forgotten topic, but to keep it going, here is an awesome video of 4585 being thrashed.

Ronnoc

A video of 6103 with kickdown usage.

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on May 25, 2016, 08:33:19 PM
A video of 6103 with kickdown usage.

You mean a video of 6103 without kickdown usage...MMCs do not have kickdown!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2016, 12:58:10 PM
You mean a video of 6103 without kickdown usage...MMCs do not have kickdown!
My mistake, it's probably just an over rev made by the driver.

T840MAK

First South Yorkshire 60745 - Volvo B7L new to Mainline (loan to First Manchester) as 942 in 2002:
Transdev 3612 -
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on June 15, 2016, 03:42:33 PM
My mistake, it's probably just an over rev made by the driver.

Drivers can't over rev them either. They are just automatic gearboxes that change as required. Drivers can do nothing about which gear they are in, or how high the revs go.

MW

I've actually got every E200 MMC I've driven to rev high lol. The way to do it is leisurely cruise till you get to third gear. Then slowly release the accelerator and as the revs drop, it won't change down straight away. Then literally floor it and it drops down and revs noticeably higher out in 2nd than usual. It pulls quite strongly too.

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 15, 2016, 06:32:23 PM
I've actually got every E200 MMC I've driven to rev high lol. The way to do it is leisurely cruise till you get to third gear. Then slowly release the accelerator and as the revs drop, it won't change down straight away. Then literally floor it and it drops down and revs noticeably higher out in 2nd than usual. It pulls quite strongly too.

And as you slowly release the accelerator the speed drops which is why it changes down when you 'floor it' so you have completely defeated the object anyway as you are starting from a lower speed and then it changes up again. The reason you get the high revs is because when you push the acceleration to the floor the flywheel hasn't gripped properly from cruising, so you are causing unneccessary wear without actually gaining any extra speed or acceleration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk