News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes 27th October.

Started by 2206, October 03, 2019, 02:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-27th-october-2019
- 10H cut to operate between QE Hospital and City Centre only. 15:55 from QE Hospital to City Centre will no longer operate.
This revised 10H will most likely continue to run empty all day, as the areas this route serves have much more frequent and better services.
- 10S will be cut to operate between Quinton and Selly Oak only.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Seriously failing to see the point of these changes to the 10H & 10S Just withdraw them and integrate parts of them nto other existing routes or a new one.
As for the 27 I don't get that either. Where exactly is it terminating?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

sonic84

Quote from: mesub on October 03, 2019, 05:20:08 PM
Well that will be more empty then.

The 10S will also be serving Worlds End faraday avenue now too. Do this mean that Simmons Drive and Martley Croft will no longer have a day time service??

MasterPlan

Also this means the 10H isn't serving Harborne anymore.

PB2938

I heard the 10 will be operated by West Bromwich interworking with a new route 54.

And service 45 will transfer to Walsall from this date.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

j789

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 03, 2019, 04:41:19 PM
Seriously failing to see the point of these changes to the 10H & 10S Just withdraw them and integrate parts of them nto other existing routes or a new one.
As for the 27 I don't get that either. Where exactly is it terminating?

The 27 will start from the Waitrose stop near the Junction pub off the high street. I'd guess it will be rerouted via the old 29 route and instead of going up Metchley Lane it will run up the whole length of Harborne Park Road then go down the high street before returning up Vivian Road back on route. This should save some time as Metchley Lane can be very bad with traffic.

fleetline6477

For some reason the page linked above shows routes 54/A operating between Worlds End and Birmingham which should read Worlds End and West Bromwich.

MasterPlan

Quote from: j789 on October 03, 2019, 07:12:12 PM
The 27 will start from the Waitrose stop near the Junction pub off the high street. I'd guess it will be rerouted via the old 29 route and instead of going up Metchley Lane it will run up the whole length of Harborne Park Road then go down the high street before returning up Vivian Road back on route. This should save some time as Metchley Lane can be very bad with traffic.

Yeah I figured that, but then I thought surely not. As you can't have a terminus there?? Imagine he has time to wait for his next journey, he'll be in the way of traffic. Or am I missing something here?

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 03, 2019, 06:48:19 PM
Also this means the 10H isn't serving Harborne anymore.

But it will serve the Hospital ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: j789 on October 03, 2019, 07:12:12 PM

As in go down Harborne High Street to the Junction and then take a sharp right into Vivian Road? The bus stop outside Waitrose is a marked bus bay so I suspect one bus could lay over there for a short time.

j789

Quote from: Mike K on October 03, 2019, 07:35:26 PM
As in go down Harborne High Street to the Junction and then take a sharp right into Vivian Road? The bus stop outside Waitrose is a marked bus bay so I suspect one bus could lay over there for a short time.

Yeah plenty of space for a bus to park. Only real issue would be any delivery lorries from Waitrose turning out the car park which would not be able to get round. However I'd guess most of these come in the early morning or evening. If any remembers when the Ludlows 004 first started it actually terminated opposite this stop as Vivian road was 2 way running then. With the 29 running the opposite way down the road that was a very tight squeeze. Much better now being one way. I'd say the new route is better as the x22 still offers the links to the hospital and I doubt many people used it on metchley Lane. It's not too far walking down the high street either to the stops not being served or can get a regular 23/24 bus

Stu

It might be the case that the route round Harborne is unchanged, but it is just the terminus stopping point that is changing?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on October 03, 2019, 08:19:35 PM
It might be the case that the route round Harborne is unchanged, but it is just the terminus stopping point that is changing?

This could equally be the case. Although they never seem to wait time at the Green Man anyway so passengers are unlikely to tell the difference.

Steve3229vp

New detailed timetable for the 27
file:///C:/Users/Steven%20Baker/Downloads/National%20Express%20West%20Midlands_27%20(7).pdf
Just copy and paste into your browser

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk