News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Disposal list

Started by winston, May 13, 2013, 08:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2019, 06:39:18 PM
They don't.

Because of the large amount of new vehicles over the last 5 years withdrawals have overtaken depreciation. Any bus numbered above 4260 has a lump of value still attached to it which is more than it would get if sold, hence why only seriously damaged buses above this have been sold.

4148; 4176; 4177 & 4185 are being kept in case they are needed for reinstatement, all other withdrawn double decks below 4260 will be leaving soon.
Thanks, everyone, for this. But why 4260, in the middle of a batch?

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on October 25, 2019, 08:47:25 PM
Thanks, everyone, for this. But why 4260, in the middle of a batch?

You need to find an accountant to answer that!

I have never got a proper answer

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2019, 06:39:18 PM
They don't.

Because of the large amount of new vehicles over the last 5 years withdrawals have overtaken depreciation. Any bus numbered above 4260 has a lump of value still attached to it which is more than it would get if sold, hence why only seriously damaged buses above this have been sold.

4148; 4176; 4177 & 4185 are being kept in case they are needed for reinstatement, all other withdrawn double decks below 4260 will be leaving soon.

Thanks Tony!

The fleet has changed massively since Martin's day and probably easier back then to keep tabs - you're doing a grand job!!!!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

don

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2019, 08:49:42 PM
You need to find an accountant to answer that!

I have never got a proper answer

I'm not but I'm hazarding a guess - 18 yr book life currently = 10/01 (is that around 4260)? Unless damaged beyond economical repair. Presumably the parts yielded whilst in storage enable more to be fit out of other vehicles. However there must be a notional (or rented) value of the land they are stood on to be taken into account in the calculation.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on October 28, 2019, 06:48:14 PM
I'm not but I'm hazarding a guess - 18 yr book life currently = 10/01 (is that around 4260)? Unless damaged beyond economical repair. Presumably the parts yielded whilst in storage enable more to be fit out of other vehicles. However there must be a notional (or rented) value of the land they are stood on to be taken into account in the calculation.

All of 4225-4304 were delivered over a short time, but for some reason 4260 upwards have different accounting procedures applied.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk