News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Queries About the Past

Started by leicesterbusadventurer, July 23, 2019, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Nathan on August 01, 2019, 06:42:29 PM
Wolverhampton to Telford, previously numbered the 891.
When did this operate?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 08:13:05 PM
When did this operate?
Arriva operated the 891 until 2015 where it was renumbered 8 to fit in with the Telford services.  It ran the same route as the current Banga 891.  Banga introduced a service to Telford using the 891 number and both themselves and Arriva competed on this corridor.  After the closure of Wednesfield depot, Telford depot took over the 10/A/B.  This saw a renumbering of the 8 to 10 and one journey per hour was extended from Perton to Telford.  The 10 from Telford interworked onto the 10A & 10B at Wolverhampton.  However, last year, the service was withdrawn due to low passenger use.

Bob

Midland Red and Arriva operated between Wolverhapton and Telford for many years i was surprised when they stopped!

Pat

Quote from: Bob on August 01, 2019, 08:27:26 PM
Midland Red and Arriva operated between Wolverhapton and Telford for many years i was surprised when they stopped!
Arriva's 10 took too long to get to Wolverhampton, more people used Banga as it was quicker hence why there was low passenger use and the ultimate withdrawal of the route.  I myself wasn't surprised at the withdrawal.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 01, 2019, 08:30:21 PM
Arriva's 10 took too long to get to Wolverhampton, more people used Banga as it was quicker hence why there was low passenger use and the ultimate withdrawal of the route.  I myself wasn't surprised at the withdrawal.
I heard Banga do well on the 891

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 08:33:18 PM
I heard Banga do well on the 891
They do Monday to Friday.  A new timetable commenced yesterday which sees the withdrawal of Saturday services for a second time.  The majority of Saturday users were pass holders so the service wasn't making money - despite being full on some journey's!  The service is operated commercially so I'm not surprised at the withdrawal.  Banga only commenced Saturday operations again last year solely because Arriva were withdrawing.

BusMan Greg

I thought arriva withdrew the 891 soon after Banga entered the corridor. I didn't realise they held on

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 08:52:25 PM
I thought arriva withdrew the 891 soon after Banga entered the corridor. I didn't realise they held on
No, just renumbered it.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 01, 2019, 08:55:44 PM
No, just renumbered it.
Could you see Arriva going back on the Telford-Wolverhampton Corridor?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 09:01:12 PM
Could you see Arriva going back on the Telford-Wolverhampton Corridor?
No, not really.  They've tried and failed to compete against Banga.  When Banga first started out on the route, Arriva registered an X92 service which ran half hourly between Telford and Shifnal only.  It failed so I can't see any other attempt working.  They may do something in Shifnal to cater for the new housing estates but that'll be it.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 01, 2019, 09:05:53 PM
No, not really.  They've tried and failed to compete against Banga.  When Banga first started out on the route, Arriva registered an X92 service which ran half hourly between Telford and Shifnal only.  It failed so I can't see any other attempt working.  They may do something in Shifnal to cater for the new housing estates but that'll be it.
Did banga run an 892 between Shifnal and Telford?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 09:12:41 PM
Did banga run an 892 between Shifnal and Telford?
Yes, they did but only for a short period of time.  I have attached a copy of the timetable.

BusMan Greg

Arriva started the war when they went on the 530 so what did they expect

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 01, 2019, 09:23:52 PM
Arriva started the war when they went on the 530 so what did they expect
Banga saw Travel West Midlands off the 530 first!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk