News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

(No subject) wm bus pass applications

Started by windy miller, April 17, 2019, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Is an English national  OAP bus pass application form available  from a post office? My neighbour
   is now 65 and he should be eligible for his bus pass. I had mine from Centro House in summer lane many years ago but I don't think the building is occupied by centro anymore?  He will need a photo ID
obviously but is there a WM? office in Birmingham where he can make an application in person?
   He is not on line .Thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

midlandred2003

I went to age concern at merry hill a month before they were very helpful.

Kevin_Brum12

Centro is now Transport for West Midlands and is still based at 16 Summer Lane.

The postal application form can be downloaded from https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets-and-passes/older-persons-pass/ and posted back (the return address is in Hampshire so it looks like that may be where the cards are produced).  Or the form could be obtained from the Network West Midlands Travel Information Centre at New Street Station.

Cheese

Also remember that just becuase they have just turned 65 this doesn't automatically qualify you for a bus pass just yet, they need to check their date of birth.  For example if they were 65 on the 10th April 2019 then they qualify for a bus pass on the 6th November this year.  It is all worked out on state pension age, use the following tool to check for when they are eligible for a pass.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age/y/bus_pass

windy miller

Quote from: Cheese on April 17, 2019, 07:36:31 PM
Also remember that just becuase they have just turned 65 this doesn't automatically qualify you for a bus pass just yet, they need to check their date of birth.  For example if they were 65 on the 10th April 2019 then they qualify for a bus pass on the 6th November this year.  It is all worked out on state pension age, use the following tool to check for when they are eligible for a pass.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age/y/bus_pass

Sorry for the late reply.  I was able to obtain a national pass application form for my neighbour from the travel office at New st station...this NOT the booking office.. its a small office immediately adjacent to the glass window(s) next to the tram pick up point on Navigation street  As you rightly said the completed application form and enclosures (copies) go to Hampshire.  My neighbour had no problem as he was actually 65 in 2018 not 2019!   I tried to use my English pass on Glasgow transport recently and a visible message told you what to do with it. :)...although IF you have a valid train ticket for the day you are allowed a FREE bus transfer from Glasgow Central to Glasgow Queen Street and return which proved to be useful in the pouring rain...   
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk