News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I don't understand why passengers are getting on the wrong bus. Drivers should be telling passengers who are getting on at Moor Street or Bull Street what route they are if they haven't changed their display yet.

John

There is no 'confusion'. The buses either come onto Moor Street with the route displayed that it is leaving on, or not in service if they are laying over before leaving

Dom

Quote from: John on July 24, 2018, 09:10:04 AM
There is no 'confusion'. The buses either come onto Moor Street with the route displayed that it is leaving on, or not in service if they are laying over before leaving

Exactly my thinking. At the end of the day 99.9% of passengers don't look at it anyway. It's far easier for the driver to blank it off than go scrolling through the changer to find 'I'm dropping off only'.

Can't see it being used much if I'm honest.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: John on July 24, 2018, 09:10:04 AM

I've seen buses come into Moor Street Queensway with the inbound service blind still on. That's what sometimes causes confusion.

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 24, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
I've seen buses come into Moor Street Queensway with the inbound service blind still on. That's what sometimes causes confusion.
I have aswell. Some confused people I've seen get without the displays being changed, so I think it should work.

John

The route is changed while at the stop as people are getting off, either to the outbound route or to not in service. Still not 'confusing' as people will see this while waiting at the stop and not get on....

Westy

Saw that on a OOS Plattie this morning on the Bloxwich Road!

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
Saw that on a OOS Plattie this morning on the Bloxwich Road!
6737 was using it in the City Centre earlier at 16:00.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

PB2938

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
I assume the pvr of the 10/A is less than 7. If so why not use the 12 plate B7RLES at Walsall, could even give them a bit of branding

The 10/A is now a pvr of 10 and daytime service as 9. One extra board added before the changes. The 10 does warrant double deckers especially at peak times putting single decks on is not a good idea. unless frequency incresees. Why not separate Lichfield boards and keep the 10 double deck 10A single deck.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on July 24, 2018, 11:16:41 PM

The 10/A is now a pvr of 10 and daytime service as 9. One extra board added before the changes. The 10 does warrant double deckers especially at peak times putting single decks on is not a good idea. unless frequency incresees. Why not separate Lichfield boards and keep the 10 double deck 10A single deck.

Cheaper that way I suppose.

Look what they did with the Wolves to Stafford service to make that pay!

Jack

4601 looking smart has spent the day on the 6. Some of the elderly passengers were commenting on how clean and fresh the bus looked. Others were saying it looks as good as new.

Westy

X51 changes to a 937 or 997 at Brum I believe.

When should they do the change?

Moor Street or Bull Street?

Jack

Quote from: Westy on July 25, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
X51 changes to a 937 or 997 at Brum I believe.

When should they do the change?

Moor Street or Bull Street?
They change to a 997/E? They change at either really.

Westy

Is it possible to publish a list of what is actually on a Walsall garage destination display currently, including any 'special' displays, like the destinations only used at snow time/other rare occasions, plus the 'newer' ones, like the 'Dropping Off Only' display?

Just curious.

Or does this come under things like 'Don't ask for PVR' ?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Westy on August 01, 2018, 10:33:19 PM
Is it possible to publish a list of what is actually on a Walsall garage destination display currently, including any 'special' displays, like the destinations only used at snow time/other rare occasions, plus the 'newer' ones, like the 'Dropping Off Only' display?

Just curious.

Or does this come under things like 'Don't ask for PVR' ?

I'm disappointed, I used to use Walsall garage but it's been removed on the latest update. All we have now as special is:

"Not in service"
"Dropping off only"
"National express West Midlands"
"Walsall staff bus"
"Vasaikh festival"

That's it from memory but there used to be tons more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk