News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on February 06, 2018, 12:48:52 PM
Noticed 860's display was knackered again on the Alumwell service while I was in Walsall yesterday!

It's been like it for a good few months now...

Dom

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 10, 2018, 04:17:33 PM
It's been like it for a good few months now...

Was fine when it was on the 301 when I was working on Walsall Bus Station the other evening.

Alex

Quote from: Dom on February 10, 2018, 04:30:50 PM
Was fine when it was on the 301 when I was working on Walsall Bus Station the other evening.

Not everything is screwed up permanently, you know...
And for the record, it was like that Thursday. Glitches out seemingly, meaning the lower line seems to ''jump'' to the top, overlapping it.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Alex on February 10, 2018, 10:49:20 PM
Not everything is screwed up permanently, you know...
And for the record, it was like that Thursday. Glitches out seemingly, meaning the lower line seems to ''jump'' to the top, overlapping it.

I've got a photo of it on the 10/A a few months ago too...And it was exactly the same...

ChrisMcCarthy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 10, 2018, 10:50:34 PM
I've got a photo of it on the 10/A a few months ago too...And it was exactly the same...

It has its moments, some days its fine others its not.

Westy

So is it going to be looked at, at some point?

In the old days, they would have shoved a piece of paper in the front windscreen.

I suppose that's probably not allowed now?

ChrisMcCarthy

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2018, 10:56:40 PM

In the old days, they would have shoved a piece of paper in the front windscreen.

Trouble is, when the engineers go to look at it its fine and doesn't have an issue.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2018, 10:56:40 PM

I've seen paper used quite recently. Actually I remember it happening in the first few weeks of the 35 being operated by NX. As some of the Platinum's still had "35 Alumwell Circular" on the blinds, I remember one Sunday they put a paper "35" blind in one.

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 10, 2018, 11:00:47 PM
I've seen paper used quite recently. Actually I remember it happening in the first few weeks of the 35 being operated by NX. As some of the Platinum's still had "35 Alumwell Circular" on the blinds, I remember one Sunday they put a paper "35" blind in one.

Why would the 35 be programmed in as the Alumwell route?

Cancelled renumbering scheme?

(Does that mean the 9 that was going to replace the 89 & the 31 & 32 which would've replaced the 301 & 302 are still in the system or not?)

John

Quote from: Westy on February 11, 2018, 01:15:30 AM
Why would the 35 be programmed in as the Alumwell route?

Cancelled renumbering scheme?

(Does that mean the 9 that was going to replace the 89 & the 31 & 32 which would've replaced the 301 & 302 are still in the system or not?)

Blinds on some Walsall buses have not been updated so still show the old 35 route instead of the current one

Dom

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 10, 2018, 11:00:47 PM

Lets hope we weren't watching them then! That doesn't go down well with our department.

And before anyone says it, the same goes for any other operator.

DJ

Quote from: Dom on February 11, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
Lets hope we weren't watching them then! That doesn't go down well with our department.

And before anyone says it, the same goes for any other operator.

Would there be any exceptions to that rule, such as how Diamond loaned 20883 to Central, who had a 74A paper sign stuck in the window?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Would all Walsall area destinations/services, irrespective of operator, be on the Walsall blind, just in case the tender is won at some point, eg would the 3A to Brownhills West be on there anyway?

Is the 2E Evening & Sunday service on the Walsall blind?

Dom

Quote from: DJ98 on February 11, 2018, 11:26:17 AM
Would there be any exceptions to that rule, such as how Diamond loaned 20883 to Central, who had a 74A paper sign stuck in the window?

Regarding that, I wouldn't be able to be 100% sure, I'd have to speak to a supervisor.

Dom

Quote from: Westy on February 11, 2018, 12:21:50 PM
Would all Walsall area destinations/services, irrespective of operator, be on the Walsall blind, just in case the tender is won at some point, eg would the 3A to Brownhills West be on there anyway?

Is the 2E Evening & Sunday service on the Walsall blind?

No.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk