News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

is 1858 & 1887 back out from the paint shop as 1856 is out

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on December 29, 2017, 09:25:56 PM
The 'Repaints and Retrims' thread will help you there.

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on December 29, 2017, 09:25:56 PM

Unlikely, the paintshop is normally closed prior to Xmas until early Jan.

Tony

Tomorrow I am driving the 10:20 420 service from Wolverhampton (10:40 from Dudley) to London. Only day of the year Walsall coaches get into Wolverhampton & Dudley Bus stations if anyone want a photo of a Walsall coach somewhere different!

Westy

Has any of the 'proper' 301 / 302 branded vehicles been operating on the route today?

Had to slip up to Bloxwich Asda briefly earlier, & I saw 2 Scanias, one a 4 branded & one plain on the route.

(Saw a similar thing a few weeks back as well!)

Also something else, which I will have to get confirmed by my sister when she comes in from work, but was the 932am 89 from Bloxwich to Wolves supposed to run today, as according to my mom, my sister had checked the app before she was due to go out & the first bus was apparently after 10am!

So she had to get a taxi instead.

Was there an app issue?

(She is now relying on that 1805 from Wolves to Bloxwich, to get home, otherwise the local taxi firm gets a call!)

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on January 01, 2018, 05:37:27 PM
Has any of the 'proper' 301 / 302 branded vehicles been operating on the route today?

Had to slip up to Bloxwich Asda briefly earlier, & I saw 2 Scanias, one a 4 branded & one plain on the route.

(Saw a similar thing a few weeks back as well!)

Also something else, which I will have to get confirmed by my sister when she comes in from work, but was the 932am 89 from Bloxwich to Wolves supposed to run today, as according to my mom, my sister had checked the app before she was due to go out & the first bus was apparently after 10am!

Was there an app issue?

(She is now relying on that 1805 from Wolves to Bloxwich, to get home, otherwise the local taxi firm gets a call!)

301/2 is now allocated Scania's on a Sunday allocation as per Head Office instructions. That's why you'll see 4 branded ones on there near enough every Sunday...

karl724223

Don't forget Walsall is the next garage having new ticket machines fitted so some buses might be being kept back for the new machines to be fitted

P419 EJW

Quote from: Westy on January 01, 2018, 05:37:27 PM

Was there an app issue?

No, 09:32 from Bloxwich did not operate today. Today, 89 started at 10:05 from Walsall and Wolverhampton. Last departure was 18:05 from Walsall and Wolverhampton as 89E to Bloxwich. Next time next year, I advise you to look on the timetable on networkwestmidlands.com - Timetable for 89.

Trident 4194

One can presume the scanias are more fuel efficient than the b7rles mk1 then?

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 01, 2018, 07:13:53 PM
One can presume the scanias are more fuel efficient than the b7rles mk1 then?
Aren't the MK2 B7RLE's more fuel efficient than the both of them. I know WA don't have as many though.

Kevin2017

As answered in a  PM from some one earlier, WA use all their newer vehicles on a Sunday schedule, due to reliability etc

MW

The fuel gauges on the Scanias are hilarious, as I'm sure any of the relevant drivers on the forum can confirm.

I speak in relation to the 1909-1953 batch. The gauge constantly going up and down. It might be full then it might be 3/4 then it might be half and then it'll be full again! Every single Scania I drove was like that.

Scanias in general tend to do less miles per gallon than other manufacturers from what I've read somewhere. I do remember seeing figures like 7 mpg on the trip computer on them, although that wouldn't be accurate.

Westy

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 01, 2018, 06:49:47 PM
No, 09:32 from Bloxwich did not operate today. Today, 89 started at 10:05 from Walsall and Wolverhampton. Last departure was 18:05 from Walsall and Wolverhampton as 89E to Bloxwich. Next time next year, I advise you to look on the timetable on networkwestmidlands.com - Timetable for 89.

We looked at Nx's own web site & we looked at the New Year's day changes as well, & that said there was a 932 from Bloxwich to Wolves !

Someone was wrong then & it wasn't us!

Kevin2017

Atleast Diamond let us view tracker now to see if a bus is actually out Real Time, rather then silly non Real time apps that just have a typical Timetabled times on it etc

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 01, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
Atleast Diamond let us view tracker now to see if a bus is actually out Real Time, rather then silly non Real time apps that just have a typical Timetabled times on it etc

What you on about? I must admit nx tracking system is far superior to diamonds currently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk