News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unusual Sightings in the West Midlands.

Started by 2206, September 07, 2018, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I saw the Scania E400 MMC demonstrator YN16CFU on the Coventry Road (A45) in Birmingham this morning while I was on 6833 on the X2 (as it overtook 6833 at the Coventry Road, Lyndon Road stop)  - it had come from Yardley, Swan and crossed Sheldon, Wheatsheaf at 10:20 going towards Birmingham Airport.
I was very surprised to see this in Birmingham.
Does anybody know what this bus was doing in the West Midlands and where it had come from and was going to?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: 2206 on September 07, 2018, 06:17:15 PM
I saw Scania E400 MMC demonstrator YN16CFU on the Coventry Road (A45) in Birmingham this morning from 6833 on the X2 (as it overtook at the Coventry Road, Lydon Road)  - it had come from Yardley, Swan and crossed Sheldon, Wheatsheaf at 10:20
Does anybody know what this bus was doing in the West Midlands and where it had come from and was going to.
Was it on the X2 or no route

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 07, 2018, 06:22:42 PM
Was it on the X2 or no route
No it wasn't on any route
YN16CFU had  "This Bus Is Not In Service.  on the display
                      www.traveline.info"           

6833 was on the X2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: 2206 on September 07, 2018, 06:17:15 PM
I saw the Scania E400 MMC demonstrator YN16CFU on the Coventry Road (A45) in Birmingham this morning while I was on 6833 on the X2 (as it overtook 6833 at the Coventry Road, Lyndon Road stop)  - it had come from Yardley, Swan and crossed Sheldon, Wheatsheaf at 10:20 going towards Birmingham Airport.
Does anybody know what this bus was doing in the West Midlands and where it had come from and was going to?

It was probably heading to Grayson Thermal Systems on Elmdon Trading Estate. They usually do a lot of work with various buses over there.

Noticed a coach operator is operating 2 coaches on DHL Hams Hall shuttles from the X12/X70 stand in Birmingham City Centre.
Does anyone know who the operator on this service is?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 03, 2020, 01:55:37 PM
Noticed a coach operator is operating 2 coaches on DHL Hams Hall shuttles from the X12/X70 stand in Birmingham City Centre.
Does anyone know who the operator on this service is?

Still travelling about spotting then!

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 02:33:49 PM
Still travelling about spotting then!
Was going to the bank.
The driver was stood in the street holding up a sign that said "DHL Hams Hall Shuttle" as I walked past so hard to miss seeing it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 03, 2020, 02:35:18 PM
Was going to the bank.
The driver was stood in the street holding up a sign that said "DHL Hams Hall Shuttle" as I walked past so hard to miss seeing it.

Where is 'going to the bank'  in the Government instructions?
All you are doing is putting my colleagues and other passengers at greater risk

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 07:06:00 PM
"(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money"

I  also got essential items from a shop as well after going to the bank while I was in Birmingham City Centre earlier.
And if you couldn't go to the bank they wouldn't be open would they. I think they are still open so people can do essential banking.
And I've no symptoms of the virus either, otherwise I wouldn't have gone out.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 07:06:00 PM

The English legislation allows for banks to be open and is reasonable excuse for one to be away from ones property.

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;
(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
(c)to seek medical assistance, including to access any of the services referred to in paragraph 37 or 38 of Schedule 2;
(d)to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006(1), to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;
(e)to donate blood;
(f)to travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living;
(g)to attend a funeral of—
(i)a member of the person's household,
(ii)a close family member, or
(iii)if no-one within sub-paragraphs (i) or (ii) are attending, a friend;
(h)to fulfil a legal obligation, including attending court or satisfying bail conditions, or to participate in legal proceedings;
(i)to access critical public services, including—
(i)childcare or educational facilities (where these are still available to a child in relation to whom that person is the parent, or has parental responsibility for, or care of the child);
(ii)social services;
(iii)services provided by the Department of Work and Pensions;
(iv)services provided to victims (such as victims of crime);
(j)in relation to children who do not live in the same household as their parents, or one of their parents, to continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children, and for the purposes of this paragraph, "parent" includes a person who is not a parent of the child, but who has parental responsibility for, or who has care of, the child;
(k)in the case of a minister of religion or worship leader, to go to their place of worship;
(l)to move house where reasonably necessary;
(m)to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other appurtenance of such premises.

PART 3
24.  Food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops.

25.  Off licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol (including breweries).

26.  Pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists.

27.  Newsagents.

28.  Homeware, building supplies and hardware stores.

29.  Petrol stations.

30.  Car repair and MOT services.

31.  Bicycle shops.

32.  Taxi or vehicle hire businesses.

33.  Banks, building societies, credit unions, short term loan providers and cash points.

34.  Post offices.

35.  Funeral directors.

36.  Laundrettes and dry cleaners.

37.  Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health.

38.  Veterinary surgeons and pet shops.

39.  Agricultural supplies shop.

40.  Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the facilities are in the premises of a business included in this Part.

41.  Car parks.

42.  Public toilets.

Therefore @Tony, there was reasonable excuse in law for @2206 to go to the bank. If he/she just happened to have noticed that working whilst undergoing business permitted by The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 then there is no reason he cannot report it.

Just like for example if I had taken a photo of a E400 on the WB3 whilst packing up my shopping or walking between stores in order to get groceries or visit the post office.

If you have a problem with people visiting their bank (should the need be required) during this pandemic, feel free to complain to your member of parliament.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 03, 2020, 07:32:59 PM
The English legislation allows for banks to be open and is reasonable excuse for one to be away from ones property.

Therefore @Tony, there was reasonable excuse in law for @2206 to go to the bank. If he/she just happened to have noticed that working whilst undergoing business permitted by The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 then there is no reason he cannot report it.

Just like for example if I had taken a photo of a E400 on the WB3 whilst packing up my shopping or walking between stores in order to get groceries or visit the post office.

If you have a problem with people visiting their bank (should the need be required) during this pandemic, feel free to complain to your member of parliament.

If you want to go into full regulations have a loom at section 6

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on April 03, 2020, 07:22:05 PM
And I've no symptoms of the virus either, otherwise I wouldn't have gone out.

I won't say anything about the argument about what's deemed an essential service or which places should be open. However just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean the people you come into contact with don't. They pass it on to you and you then infect vulnerable members of your household. You could also have been infected a couple of weeks ago and are still asymptomatic, yet contagious.

Do banking online or on the telephone. It's really not worth the risk!

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on April 03, 2020, 07:46:58 PM
I won't say anything about the argument about what's deemed an essential service or which places should be open. However just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean the people you come into contact with don't. They pass it on to you and you then infect vulnerable members of your household. You could also have been infected a couple of weeks ago and are still asymptomatic, yet contagious.

And as is said every night on television, not having Symptoms, doesn't mean you haven't got, aren't carrying the virus. It takes several days before you show any signs, and they reckon possibly up to 1 million people have had the virus already many without showing signs, hence why we need these tests to show if you have already had it that the Government are getting hammered about not doing yet.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 07:44:27 PM
If you want to go into full regulations have a loom at section 6

Which is the section I quoted.

to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;

This means that one can go shopping for groceries, hardware, pets, pharmacies or visit postal or banking services.

Therefore, when @2206 said they was going to the bank, they was performing a permitted activity.

If they noticed those 2 coaches whilst travelling to/from/undertaking said permitted activity, then they have not broken the law.

It's just like if I were to catch a bus to get essentials (because I don't trust online shopping as every time I have ordered food from supermarkets online, half the stuff never comes) or catching the bus to work (not that I can currently as I'm on sick leave) and I were to take a photo of a bus whilst undertaking that activity, then I would not be breaking the law either.

Quote from: Gareth on April 03, 2020, 07:46:58 PM

Ok clever clogs. Explain how cold hard cash or a cheque can be deposited into an bank account online (or someone can top up a prepayment electric meter online)?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 03, 2020, 07:55:23 PM

Ok clever clogs. Explain how  a cheque can be deposited into an bank account online?

You photograph the cheque with your mobile phone and send the bank an image.

Most banks do that nowadays

For the rest you do them at your local post office who will do it for any bank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk