News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rail Replacements

Started by Michael Bevan, August 11, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 31, 2020, 07:20:55 PM.

Hope this provides some interest to anyone who wasn't around  :)

Thanks folks for posting . Great selection of vehicles. 

BusMan Greg

Does anyone know which operators will be on cross city rail replacements this weekend?

4369Beast

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 28, 2020, 06:44:37 PM
Does anyone know which operators will be on cross city rail replacements this weekend?

We normally have Midland Classic, Arriva and NX. Although whatever vechiles are used they have to be single deck because of Low Bridges.

Quote from: 4369Beast on September 28, 2020, 09:22:12 PM
We normally have Midland Classic, Arriva and NX. Although whatever vechiles are used they have to be single deck because of Low Bridges.
D&G versa on Moor Street Queensway and Jennens Road today operating a Rail Replacement service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B61 ANDREW

Nice selection of vehicles at Bromsgrove Station  today , including Brit Tours - BV69LOF , Henshaw of  Moreton in Marsh - GL67HEN , Bakers of Moreton in Marsh - OB66MTB and my star attraction , N.N.Cresswell's - YJ59NMZ , a coach seated Optare Versa in a vey "different" livery , basically the red livery of previous owner , Sargeant of Kington with the addition of various symbols and patterns , see pictures on Flickr.

B61 ANDREW

Bromsgrove earlierthis morning , 30 minutes worth of coaches saw Amans x 1 , Ridley x 2 , Henshaw x 2 , Endevour x 1 and Sovreign of Willenhall x 1.

Cheese

Various buses noted on Cross City replacement at University station earlier on, Pelham's AA68BUS and PC18BUS, Guru Travel PJ53OLK and PJ53OLC (saw GX04EXN by Digbeth yesterday as well which may have been on RRP), Mighty Travels KX08OMP, Midland Classic YJ66APF.

Saw Eminence Merc coach BV70UAL and Amans Caetano Levante X17ATL on the Worcester service as well, and an Endeavour Merc coach (possibly BV66GVZ?) which I'm guessing was ex Shearings.

Westy

Midland Classic spotted doing the Chase Line replacements.

Noticed they were also showing on BusTimes.org as well.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Cheese on June 27, 2021, 02:33:56 PM
Various buses noted on Cross City replacement at University station earlier on, Pelham's AA68BUS and PC18BUS, Guru Travel PJ53OLK and PJ53OLC (saw GX04EXN by Digbeth yesterday as well which may have been on RRP), Mighty Travels KX08OMP, Midland Classic YJ66APF.

Saw Eminence Merc coach BV70UAL and Amans Caetano Levante X17ATL on the Worcester service as well, and an Endeavour Merc coach (possibly BV66GVZ?) which I'm guessing was ex Shearings.

Small correction, Grosvenor Coaches own KX08OMP (MAN/Plaxton Centro). Mighty Travels are using former Go North East Scania L94/Wright NL02ZRX.

At Redditch is First Choice Minibus Hire BMC Condor BX60CKL, likely standby

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on June 27, 2021, 03:31:13 PM
Small correction, Grosvenor Coaches own KX08OMP (MAN/Plaxton Centro). Mighty Travels are using former Go North East Scania L94/Wright NL02ZRX.

At Redditch is First Choice Minibus Hire BMC Condor BX60CKL, likely standby

KX08OMP had Mighty Travels legals in the window so don't know if it's on loan to them in that case?

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Cheese on June 27, 2021, 03:47:28 PM
KX08OMP had Mighty Travels legals in the window so don't know if it's on loan to them in that case?

My apologies, I won't question that! Must've changed hands as I remember seeing it with Grosvenor on this very Rail Replacement some years ago. The Scania also has the legals in the window so does add up

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on June 27, 2021, 03:55:42 PM
My apologies, I won't question that! Must've changed hands as I remember seeing it with Grosvenor on this very Rail Replacement some years ago. The Scania also has the legals in the window so does add up

No worries, haven't kept up to speed with these operators who have appeared in recent times doing rail replacements like Guru, Mighty etc!

B61 ANDREW

Cheers for all the additional reports folks.   As said , its often a good way to record recent fleet changes . One of the Henshaws coaches at Bromsgrove was an immaculate ex-Parkes Plaxton Elite - SD16ABM, [ ex KSK979 ]  8)

B61 ANDREW

Pretty much the same operators [ and the same vehicles ] noted at Bromsgrove yesterday.   Can I ask if someone could give me the full reg of a JKT  Irizar seen please ?    The last three letters "could" have been WDX . . . . . .

B61 ANDREW

The usual suspects at Bromsgrove around 20.30 yesterday - Woodstones , Guru and Mighty Travels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk