News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus & Transport Events, Rallies and Open Days

Started by DJ, August 07, 2018, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

I thought it'd be a good idea to have a single thread where information pertaining to various events that forum members would be interested in could be posted, rather than having tidbits of information spread out across various threads.

To start with, what is likely the largest event of the year, Showbus, is returning again to Donnington Park on Sunday 30th September 2018, for their 46th event. Tickets start at £5 for Under 16s, with standard admission on the gate set at £14. There is free parking available, as well as various trips on buses and coaches to and from the event, including one ran by The Green Bus, which can be purchased through the Vamooz app. There's more information on their website at https://showbus.com/.

Now, with that said, I've heard mentions of a Yardley Wood open day that could be happening in the future, as well as a return to Cannon Hill Park for another annual bus bash. Is there any concrete information on these yet or is it just rumours?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Cheese

Cannon Hill Park not happening this year, Yardley Wood on the 11th Nov?

Tony

NX will be attending Gaydon, then doing the 10A running day, then attending Showbus, then the YW open day

CL

Quote from: Cheese on August 07, 2018, 08:21:16 PM
Cannon Hill Park not happening this year, Yardley Wood on the 11th Nov?
Yardley Wood is the 10th, I believe. Though, I'm open to correction.

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2018, 08:27:31 PM
NX will be attending Gaydon, then doing the 10A running day, then attending Showbus, then the YW open day
:o I thought I'd miss out on the 10A running day; guess I'm lucky that it's been rescheduled. Hope everything works out by then!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2018, 08:27:31 PM

Thanks for confirming those, Tony. Are you able to confirm the dates for the 10A running day, and the YW open day, at all? Also, do you know of any local companies that would be running any trips to Gaydon at all? Thanks.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 08, 2018, 05:16:44 AM
Thanks for confirming those, Tony. Are you able to confirm the dates for the 10A running day, and the YW open day, at all? Also, do you know of any local companies that would be running any trips to Gaydon at all? Thanks.

The Green Bus are advertising a trip on the Vamooz app.

metrocity

Showbus organisers are saying it's likely to be their last year at Donnington Park this year as the site owners don't appear to be keen on buses...

DJ

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 08, 2018, 08:23:37 PM
The Green Bus are advertising a trip on the Vamooz app.

Thanks for the heads up, I had a nice trip with them to Stoke a while back so I'll have to re-download the app and get it booked in.

CL

I've read somewhere that Bus Bash will be returning for this year. 8th September at Moseley Rugby Ground. ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

Quote from: CL on February 19, 2019, 06:45:40 PM
I've read somewhere that Bus Bash will be returning for this year. 8th September at Moseley Rugby Ground. ???

That would be handy for me, Billesley Common is just up the road. ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: CL on February 19, 2019, 06:45:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1227786634022033/permalink/1536474403153253/
Yes, the last one was a good event at Cannon Hill. I'm looking forward to this event and hope to be there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

Due to unforeseen circumstances pensnett open day on 23rd September has had to be cancelled 

karl724223

Pensnett open day back on but at Wolverhampton garage same day 23rd sept 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk