News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

21st July service changes

Started by Tony, June 15, 2018, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

From Saturday 21st July a number of changes will take place across the network. The aim of these alterations is to improve punctuality along the 436 corridor and improve efficiency around the Bridgnorth network.

Shrewsbury:

Service 9 – Currently operated by Telford service 9 will be at Shrewsbury depot operating the Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton section.

Service 19a – An afternoon journey of service 19a will be introduced operating between Shrewsbury and Telford. This service in part replaces service 96 operating off peak journeys via Lightmoor along Telford's current service 19 operation. Some peak journeys will operate via Madeley and then direct to Telford via the A442

Service 113/114 – This will operate from Telford Depot

Service 297 – This will operate from Telford Depot

Service 436 – Timetable and route alteration on some journeys

Telford:

The main alteration is the removal of service 10 The Wolverhampton to Perton section will be taken on by Cannock depot. During the interim we will also operate a shuttle that connects in Perton for Pattingham and Codsall until the end of August when this service will cease.

Service 7 – Minor timetable alteration between Oakengates and Telford Town Centre to assist with punctuality – This may change in September dependent on registration deadline being achieved.

Service 8 - Telford to Bridgnorth – When leaving Telford this service will operate along the A442 into Madeley Centre down into Ironbridge, Jackfield, Broseley, Tileries then onto Bridgnorth. This change will allow the use of smaller vehicles.

Service 10 – Deregistered – Albrighton will no longer be served, Shifnal & Stafford Park will be served by service 14. A temporary shuttle service between Pattingham & Perton/ Codsall & Perton will operate until the end of August 2018

Service 13 – Will operate via the Retail Park, Colliers Way and onto Rock Road in the opposite direction to the current 13. The service will then come onto Mossey Green Way around the island up to Bank Way before serving Ketley Bank in the current order First Avenue etc and then on to Oakengates.

Service 14 – Will operate to Shifnal via Priorslee. During the peak the service will operate via Stafford Park to Shifnal. This service will no longer serve Snedshill, Ketley Bank and Oakengates

Service 18 – Slight timetable adjustment. One morning journey will commence from Bridgnorth

Service 19/19a – Service will operate to Lightmoor via Dawley Road, B4373, Station Road, Bridge Road via the Steam Railway and back onto Wellington Road. Service 19 will also extend to Shrewsbury on certain journeys in place of the 96 service. 19a peak journeys to Shrewsbury will operate fast and direct from Telford via A442 into Madeley then down into Ironbridge. Off peak journeys will continue on from Lightmoor down Jiggers Bank into Dale End and then onto Shrewsbury.

Service 96 – Deregistered – Service combined in part with 19/19a

Service 113/114 – Moved into Telford Depot

Service 297 – Moved into Telford Depot

Service 893 – Deregistered from 21st July

PointerDart

I'll probably be in a minority, but I hope these changes turn out to be for the better. Am I right in saying Telford will take the Pattingham/Codsall/Perton shuttle?

Westy

So what happens to the Albrighton, Codsall, Pattingham & Perton section after August then?

Bob

They come under Staffordshire county, take a wild guess 😛

Rich-82

So does madeley lose 2 direct buses to Shrewsbury around 12.00 to 2.00

PointerDart

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2018, 07:15:49 PM
So what happens to the Albrighton, Codsall, Pattingham & Perton section after August then?

If I remember, I read somewhere the 70 will merge the Codsall/Pattingham to Perton & Wolves section, thus operated by Cannock. Albrighton will only be served by Banga's 891.

Bob

So itll be 70 Cannock to Perton?

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on June 15, 2018, 08:49:21 PM
So itll be 70 Cannock to Perton?

I assume so. Or it'll be another case of interworking and not an actual through fare. Obviously once the timetables start coming through then it'll become clear.

Bob

At present the 70 needs 4 buses i think? This would need to increase?

Bob

Wonder if itll stay all Pulsar

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on June 15, 2018, 10:34:47 PM
At present the 70 needs 4 buses i think? This would need to increase?

Yes - I believe the same happened when the 10 moved to Telford to cover for the extra part of the route from Perton down to Telford. Unless the frequency drops again on the 70?

Bob

Possibly. Theyve messed with the route and times and frequency of the 70 loads over the years

PointerDart

New timetables available on Traveline's website for some services; more to follow.

mikestone

Quote from: PointerDart on June 15, 2018, 08:23:28 PM
If I remember, I read somewhere the 70 will merge the Codsall/Pattingham to Perton & Wolves section, thus operated by Cannock. Albrighton will only be served by Banga's 891.
While following the link to the Walsall running day noticed that the 10 is being taken on by NXWM with  extension of irregular journeys to Pattingham and Codsall.

PointerDart

Quote from: mikestone on August 24, 2018, 08:31:10 PM
Hidden amongst the re-opening of Pipers Row bumf on the NXWM website is the extension of irregular NXWM10 jorneys to Pattingham and Codsall.

Replacing the tendered shuttle 10A/10B that Arriva have been operating with the minibus this month, I believe?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk