News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The future of NX Cov

Started by WM_58, January 25, 2021, 06:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WM_58

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any truth behind Cov being sold off to Stagecoach in a similar move to Dundee?

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on January 25, 2021, 06:32:10 PM
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any truth behind Cov being sold off to Stagecoach in a similar move to Dundee?

No

DJ

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Straightlines

Even if there was any truth in it, I am not sure there is anyone senior enough within National Express to categorically say 'No' on this forum. So it's a bit of a pointless question to ask!

D10

Totally different to Dundee. Dundee was isolated from the rest of the NX Bus network so economies of scale could not be bought into force and there are different local authorities and government rules applying up there. McGills could also purchase it with no issues about lessoning competition.

Coventry by contrast is obviously close to the rest of the network with the same Transport Authority and government. Plus Stagecoach would not be able to buy Coventry I would have thought without competition issues being raised.

Steveminor

Theres no smoke without fire & I have heard similar rumours from several "independent" sources.

mikestone

Perhaps some consideration being given to a joint venture in connection with the "electric bus town"?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: D10 on January 26, 2021, 08:17:11 PM
Totally different to Dundee. Dundee was isolated from the rest of the NX Bus network so economies of scale could not be bought into force and there are different local authorities and government rules applying up there. McGills could also purchase it with no issues about lessoning competition.

Coventry by contrast is obviously close to the rest of the network with the same Transport Authority and government. Plus Stagecoach would not be able to buy Coventry I would have thought without competition issues being raised.
Diamond?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk