News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Defacement / Graffiti of buses

Started by Adam 404, February 16, 2017, 04:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

I was intrigued to find at the end of last month while in London that buses were going around with graffiti on them. This is another disadvantage of having outdoor bus garages (As I explored in my bus magazine last month - See Coventry Bus Magazine thread).

What are your views?

https://www.facebook.com/369276339910972/photos/a.470229609815644.1073742070.369276339910972/665442636961006/?type=3&theater
TEH1463

markcf83

Brixton had a serious graffiti problem owing to buses being parked on the A23,which is the main road on which BN lies in South London-not to mentioned that it's overcrowded.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

D10

Thankfully in the West Midlands things are better than they were in the late 80's. Back then Double Deckers were plastered in graffiti upstairs and many had quite a bit outside too.  >:(

Stu

Quote from: D10 on February 16, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
Thankfully in the West Midlands things are better than they were in the late 80's. Back then Double Deckers were plastered in graffiti upstairs and many had quite a bit outside too.  >:(

Graffiti on buses in the West Midlands nowadays is mostly just kids scratching stuff into windows, seat backs and other interior plastics.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Quote from: D10 on February 16, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

On the old fotopic website that WMBinP used to be on I remember in the linked sites section there was a site called something like 'west Midlands damaged buses' and it had lots of pictures of buses with accident damage, grafetti etc on from this era. I have never been able to find them since the site shut down which is a shame.

MW

One of the AG Geminis had graffiti above the last nearside upper deck window. Had it for a while aswell. This was about 5 years ago

JoNi

These are just "tags" a graffiti term for signature of writer,
not art like Banksy or creations on the New York subway of the 70s and 80s like this.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/7dc943

Ronnoc

Somebody by the name of "Hula" has made his presence on a few YW buses. One of them being 4394.

37351ml

I recall back in the mid 80's hockey garage vehicles in particular used to have the tag name "Mr Glide possie or MGP" tagged on the back. I remember seeing someone hanging out the upper deck emergency exit spraying this on a fleetline.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk