News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hollands Coaches of Kidderminster

Started by Reece, April 01, 2016, 04:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on April 01, 2016, 10:34:39 PM
It's now been listed on the WCC website

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/6820/bus_service_changes_from_31-03-2016.pdf#page12
the WCC website people must be working late Reece looked at 10pm   and it  was still  the pervious changes dated 4/3/16
diamond 8\10/125/292

Kevin

Long shot, but what chance if anyone does take it on and want to make it commercial then attempt an extension up to Kinver or Stourbridge?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cheese

Quote from: Kevin on April 02, 2016, 11:13:58 AM
Long shot, but what chance if anyone does take it on and want to make it commercial then attempt an extension up to Kinver or Stourbridge?

Or WCC could amend the 580 to send it via Cookley and Caunsall to Kinver?

Cedric

Quote from: Cheese on April 02, 2016, 11:23:43 AM
Or WCC could amend the 580 to send it via Cookley and Caunsall to Kinver?

no to sending the 580 that way as it goes a different way , if it was changed to go that way  after cookley /caunsall  it would be just along the  a449 with  no villiages along the way and  the way to Stourbridge  is along a diiferent  road,to me extending the 7  is the easy way  and not interworking it with  the 192 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Based on the comments & the fact it was a commercial service, I wouldn't be surprised to see Diamond register a replacement service and add it to their network, it would only require one MPD even if it was to stay in it's current format.

From 10th April the daytime frequency of the 3's will drop, as will the Pvr and driver requirements.

B61 ANDREW

Are they just coming off bus work or closing down completely ??   I am lead to believe they have around 20 vehicles.  :)

Cedric

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 02, 2016, 04:10:44 PM
Are they just coming off bus work or closing down completely ??   I am lead to believe they have around 20 vehicles.  :)
They only have one other route which is just one run each way and Wednesday only.   as far as I am aware the do not have any full size vehicles . only various sizes of mini bus  they do contract work  for  Wcc  schools and day centres  quite a few of the vehicles I would class as welfare buses.  this  was a shock to me as they have been running that route since midland red  stopped  running to the villages each one had it's own service,   I am talking there about the NBC map days.
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Is the 9/9A running still do people know?

Cheese

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 19, 2016, 11:00:47 PM
Is the 9/9A running still do people know?

Was on Saturday. Think the list on Worcestershire County Council's website suggested a last day of May 10th?

D10

Cedric

seams strange as it was not tenderd route , have heard of another operator gaining another route , do not know if it is the 9/9a. know which operator it is supposed  to be but not  100% sure so I am not naming it, nor will if anyone asks because it is not in the public domain yet  and things may change
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Has the 9/9a finished now then, without replacement.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 23, 2016, 12:37:54 PM
Has the 9/9a finished now then, without replacement.

It Seams  that is   the case  ,  a  diamond bus did pull up at  the stop it used  displaying   nothing on the screen, and people did get on  so  I wonder if there could be a diamond  replacement ? take a look a travel line west midlands  if you type in  Kidderminster to cookley       it gives some strange ways of getting there  like the 4a/192/580   the 4a and the580 go nowhere near cookley  and the only 192 journey to go there is a school run
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Cedric on May 23, 2016, 01:25:59 PM
It Seams  that is   the case  ,  a  diamond bus did pull up at  the stop it used  displaying   nothing on the screen, and people did get on  so  I wonder if there could be a diamond  replacement ? take a look a travel line west midlands  if you type in  Kidderminster to cookley       it gives some strange ways of getting there  like the 4a/192/580   the 4a and the580 go nowhere near cookley  and the only 192 journey to go there is a school run

I'd be surprised if Diamond didn't add the route to their KR network if is was a viable option

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk