News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Night Buses

Started by Mike360, June 10, 2012, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

it is a stourbridge to birmingham route it must have the demand to justify

MW

The 9 serves Broad Street so I would have thought that just that fact would justify it.

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:09:02 PM
The 9 serves Broad Street so I would have thought that just that fact would justify it.

The 9 plus other routes are diverted away from Broad St of an evening, due to traffic congestion

winston

Quote from: Stu on June 11, 2012, 07:06:00 PM
Before they all finally bit the dust, the night services would run to and from Broad Street. They were operated by Diamond, and I think they got withdrawn because of lack of use.

I used to use the 9N quite a bit back from Broad St after a Fri/Sat night out, they were run by MRW with Lances, then later Pete's Travel with Dart SLF's, never saw/had any trouble on any of the ones I was on.

Also used to use the Wolverhampton night buses with bouncers on board, can't remember the night service that served the day 256 route, again no a problems on board

Nathan4775

Quote from: windy miller on June 11, 2012, 07:28:53 PM
Ok,how about a saturdays only night service available to 1am?

Derby Buses do that Mon-Thursday they operate till about 10pm then Friday & Saturday they operate till 2/3am
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Discodave

9n was always busy started with just 2 at petes then 4 due to loadings but broad st was a nightmare problem we use to have was we finished at halesowen and people would want stourbridge had to have police meet us with a van at halesowen many times

Ashley

You could have the 900 run 24 hours a day, attracting airport custom possibly, commuters and staff. On that note, wasn't there a rumour a few years back of making the 97/A 24 hours and extending it to the airport?

D10

Quote from: Ashley on June 13, 2012, 10:32:32 PM
You could have the 900 run 24 hours a day, attracting airport custom possibly, commuters and staff. On that note, wasn't there a rumour a few years back of making the 97/A 24 hours and extending it to the airport?

The 97 rumour is still going around! Linked into the current expansion plans at the airport, NXWM are trying to get the airport to support improved bus links.

Ashley

They should do the same with Starcity and Merry Hill Centre. I know that goes ff the topic of night buses but it follows the same thought path

Discodave

24 hr 900 I agree would be a good idea look at the East Mids airport skylink buses them seem to do ok plus is it trent or notts transport whom do a 24hr service and its experiancing growth will try to find local newspaper source as i did read about it

Nathan4775

the 900 runs close to being 24hrs, with the last bus finishing in town at 1:30am and the first 900A from Birmingham at 4:00am
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ashley

Thats true but there could be a way of plugging that 2 and abit hour gap in service and the route may then possibly appeal to a wider area of the population

winston

Quote from: Ashley on June 13, 2012, 10:59:11 PM
They should do the same with Starcity and Merry Hill Centre. I know that goes ff the topic of night buses but it follows the same thought path

There is nothing much open after the shops shut at 9pm at Merry Hill, The Waterfront bars are dead these day's compared to what they used to be & most have since shut down. Therefore can't really see much demand for night bus services, especially when the majority travel by car during the day instead of taking the bus

Ashley

I didn't mean running night buses to Merry Hill. I meant Westfield should do the same as the airport by encouraging greater bus use, thats why my post said I was going off topic for which i apoligise

winston

Quote from: Ashley on June 14, 2012, 08:56:30 PM
I didn't mean running night buses to Merry Hill. I meant Westfield should do the same as the airport by encouraging greater bus use, thats why my post said I was going off topic for which i apoligise

Ashley, no worries, the post above that you were replying to I obviously never read fully/never registered with me either

Westfield are contributing towards the costs of the new Merry Hill Bus Station/Brierley Hill network improvements, but there is always more they could do to increase bus usage. Like introducing parking charges and ploughing some of the money back in to the centre to improve public transport provision/priorities further,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk