News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WILL ARRIVA EXPAND IN THE WEST MIDLANDS?

Started by Bob, June 09, 2012, 12:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

The 56A is the evening and sunday version of the 56 and diverts to serve Streetly.

Ash

I think diamond would survive well on their commerical services they have at present even if they lost more commerical work, if it was so profitable how come NXWM hasnt bothered to put in a lower offer to undercut the competitors i remember a few years back at West Brom nearly every commerical service in the area was Travel West Midlands using the mini link branding

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 18, 2012, 09:02:00 PM
I think diamond would survive well on their commerical services they have at present even if they lost more commerical work, if it was so profitable how come NXWM hasnt bothered to put in a lower offer to undercut the competitors i remember a few years back at West Brom nearly every commerical service in the area was Travel West Midlands using the mini link branding

Tendered work isn't very profitable for the big operators with large overheads, that's why NXWM in the main leave it to the smaller operators. At least it smaller operators are happy with the returns from tendered work, they are less likely to start commercial services against NXWM. Arriva supposedly bid low to win the last rounds of tenders and now they are stuck with them at those prices for the next five years

Bob

Perhaps they are planning it as a means to an end then to make inroads into the West Midlands market

Discodave

Quote from: bob on June 19, 2012, 12:16:57 AM
Perhaps they are planning it as a means to an end then to make inroads into the West Midlands market
Maybe Arriva have the clout but are reluctant to use it to compete if they bought more companies and used the Arriva brand people would get used to it and not run under another name as diamond is well known for usless polish drivers who cant speak a word of english and fiddle the takings lots got done at diamond.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk