News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Taking Photographs of Buses

Started by Michael Bevan, November 16, 2015, 04:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

If you're going to take a photograph of a bus, I'd advise to not use flash as it could distract the driver. Saw a member of the forum take a photograph of 4253 earlier with flash and I thought this needed to be said for the safety of drivers and the public (if the admins disagree with this post, take it down).

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 16, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
If you're going to take a photograph of a bus, I'd advise to not use flash as it could distract the driver. Saw a member of the forum take a photograph of 4253 earlier with flash and I thought this needed to be said for the safety of drivers and the public (if the admins disagree with this post, take it down).

I did it by accident when I first started taking photos outside Walsall bus station. A Centro guy advised me that it was on so I apologised and moved so as not to cause an issue.

Reece

The only place I ever use the flash on my camera is the underground section of Worcester Bus Station and I don't take pictures of buses on the move with the flash. Only ones parked up on layover or loading at a stand.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 16, 2015, 04:30:28 PM

Good point, well made.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Saturday evening while manoeuvring around west brom bus station in 813 couple of lads were taking pictures using a very bright flash by the zebra crossing ,I remember thinking that's not clever .

BU07 LGO

not connected but we had a radio call for kids shining laser at buses in bloxwich last week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk