News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Would you rather?

Started by Dylan4579, July 27, 2015, 04:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Take a bus which is every 10 minutes with nothing special, or a bus every 20 minutes with WiFi, plugs, and leather seats?

AV4248

First option because the above features aren't anything special to me.

Reece

Quote from: Dylan4579 on July 27, 2015, 04:44:54 PM
Take a bus which is every 10 minutes with nothing special, or a bus every 20 minutes with WiFi, plugs, and leather seats?
Second option I would wait up to an hour let alone 20 mins for a bus with plug sockets and high back Leather seats with free WIFI being a added bonus.

Liverpool Street

Couldn't care less. Get me to my destination. That's all what is required. You all are over-thinking mass public transport.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bryan

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 27, 2015, 05:12:43 PM
Couldn't care less. Get me to my destination. That's all what is required. You all are over-thinking mass public transport.

I agree. As for leather seats, I hate the things whether they be in a bus or a car.

WMT3000

Just getting from a to b is the main thing for me. Plug sockets can definitely be useful on occasions though.

Stu

I agree, I don't care for wi-fi or USB sockets on buses, my 20min journey on the bus is my 'switch-off' time, when I just sit back and enjoy the journey. I observe what's going on outside, and 'people watch' my fellow passengers, and it's quite sad the number of people who just sit there playing with their phones.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 27, 2015, 05:12:43 PM

I second this. I don't really care about the Wi-Fi, plugs, or leather seats. Isn't the 3G/4G good enough...?

trident4370

No chance would I sacrifice a turn up and go frequency for internet I can just as easily use when I get home. Buses are there to transport people, anything else is just a bonus.

Dutsey

Depends on the length of the journey for me... if you were on the 110 Tamworth  to Birmingham the Wifi is great (not having to eat into my contracted data allowance) but if I was on a shorter journey of 20mins or below probably wouldn't be fussed.

In this day and age though wifi should be available on all buses!!

Sh4318

Quote from: Dylan4579 on July 27, 2015, 04:44:54 PM

Every 10 minutes with nothing special
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dutsey on July 27, 2015, 09:01:45 PM
In this day and age though wifi should be available on all buses!!

Are people seriously that engrossed in third phones and computers to not put them down for a bus journey?!

Coaches and long distance trains I can understand, but buses? Pffft.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Dutsey

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 28, 2015, 02:07:00 AM
Are people seriously that engrossed in third phones and computers to not put them down for a bus journey?!

Coaches and long distance trains I can understand, but buses? Pffft.

I completely agree Liverpool Street, but look at how people are glued to the devices now and how many places are providing free wifi to gain custom. The bus industry should be no different IMHO. Remember they are trying to get people to use transport more.

Tony

The thing is that situation is never going to arise.

No operator would half a frequency to fit wifi as the idea of having wifi is to increase patronage, so you would need a higher frequency, no lower

JoNi

I'd rather someone engrossed using Wi Fi than someone talking out loud! Sent from Platinum bus with steamed up windows!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk