News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Midland Bus

Started by wilmotm (Matt Wilmot), June 08, 2012, 12:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Have never heard of them or seen them, and no idea which routes they run, but just came across this image on the Site

http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandBusCo/l155ukb.html

Is it me or is there a Bus Stopping sign attatched to the front of this bus by the doors?
Seems ever so strange, anyone any idea if it actually displays anything or serves a purpose or can enligthen me on the operator

MW

Quote from: wilmotm on June 08, 2012, 12:57:21 AM

Is it me or is there a Bus Stopping sign attatched to the front of this bus by the doors?

Hahaaa! That's hilarious. It could be used as part of the indicator so when it's pulling up at a stop, the person can see it's stopping. For some reason I just think it's there to cover a whole in the bodywork or something!

BU07 LGO

Lots of older buses used to have a stopping display at the front, though i'm not sure what it's for

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 20, 2012, 06:59:55 PM
Lots of older buses used to have a stopping display at the front, though i'm not sure what it's for

On older buses it was used to say whether the bus was being 'one-man-operated' Birmingham City Transport and WMPTE used little slip boards, but Midland Red had these signs which the driver illuminated if a conductor was not on board. To us of a certain age, when these started appearing inside as 'stopping' signs we wondered why they had 'OMO' signs on the inside!

Ash

There was one of the double deckers on the 19 in Walsall today not sure wether this is rare or a normal working after a school service or something.

Jack Grove

You've confused your 'Midland Bus Company' with your 'Midland' there....

One of the Tridents does the 19 Monday - Friday in between the AM and PM journeys on the 756 school.

Ash

I think i have put it in the wrong section and thanks for the information Jack

Jack Grove

The 10, 19 and 756 are the routes they are scheduled to appear on.

I've also used them on the 9 before now.

Tony

PM

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2016, 07:21:59 PM
Came across former Midland 1041 in Dundee last week

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/SE/TeejayDX04XMS.html

Irony is it'd now be amongst the newest buses operating out of Planetary Rd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk