News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

G. H. A. Coaches

Started by Reece, May 24, 2015, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Starting this thread for GHA of Wrexham because from the 19th July GHA take over the 436 between Bridgnorth and Shrewbury. GHA are also opening a depot in Shrewbury this month as well so they can bid for more routes in the area. Also GHA in Shrewbury is no longer called Bryn Melyn this is now known as GHA now despite a lot of the buses still have got the old Bryn Melyn branding.

Ashley 60171

They recently took over the operations of Shropshire Bus and Coach. Shrewsbury garage also has a couple of other college contracts plus the 96. GHA are I believe planning to bid for the Shrewsbury park and ride contract which is up for renewal this year.

BU07 LGO

I was at their Wrexham garage last Tuesday. I bought a car they were selling from them! Seem like a decent company

Reece

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 02, 2015, 08:00:58 AM
It will probably be August, how much do Gha charge for the full route?
@Trident 4194 Hi mate the closest ticket I can find to a return ticket on the 436 to Shrewsbury is a GHA Shropshire Day Ticket...
Adult = £6
Child = £5

Kevin

GHA run the Trams Cymru T3 (previously the X94) Wrexham - Barmouth
Among the buses they have branded for the route is an Omnilink.
You have not experienced hell until when you're ill and this is your ride for the twisting country roads between Llangollen and Bala, knowing full well you can't get off for rest cause the next one is two hours
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on August 07, 2015, 04:08:36 PM
GHA run the Trams Cymru T3 (previously the X94) Wrexham - Barmouth
Among the buses they have branded for the route is an Omnilink.
You have not experienced hell until when you're ill and this is your ride for the twisting country roads between Llangollen and Bala, knowing full well you can't get off for rest cause the next one is two hours

Quite strange that here are so many different branded for the T3. Enviro200, Enviro400, now an OmniLink, plus when I went to Wrexham, a Bee Solo was on there too

PM

Things appear to have kicked off on the 84/C84 with Arriva, GHA and Routemaster competing, GHA registering due to Routemaster supposedly being in front of their 82, Routemaster will soon be on the 82! That's after D and G ran the service for the notice period! Exciting times up there!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-hughes/24567562143/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-hughes/24567567263/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-hughes/25168054966/in/photostream/

winston

Some GHA cancellations in the Chester/Warrington area:

PC1098981/12 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exc and Frodsham given service number 21E effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1098981/20 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exchange and Chester us Exchange given service number 8 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1098981/35 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Sandbach, The Commons given service number 36 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1098981/37 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Warrington Interchange and Dallam, Harrison Square given service number 16 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1098981/42 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Northwich, Watling Street and Warrington, Europa Way given service number 46 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

John

Read yesterday that GHA are taking over the 21, 23 and 26 Shrewsbury Town services and the 511. June 1st

They also tried to bid for the P&R but Arriva retained it

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2016/04/16/jobs-created-as-shropshire-bus-firm-lands-new-contracts/#HMi6QrqWEz1bimqh.01

Trident 4609

winston

Quote from: Nathan on July 13, 2016, 07:55:29 PM
GHA have entered administration with immediate effect.
http://www.wrexham.com/news/gha-coaches-enter-administration-with-immediate-effect-116090.html

It will be interesting to see who will/has the resources to takeover GHA services in the coming days, especially at such short notice, as that's some hole to fill....

PM

A lesson to anyone really about growing a business too fast over too wide an area.

I imagine drivers should be ok with the national shortage, D and G, Arriva and others will no doubt step in to cover the work. I can't see anyone rescuing out of administration due to scale of investment required to bring it up to scratch.

If only they'd sold out to Stagecoach a couple of years back when the offer was on the table.

Wonder who's next...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 13, 2016, 08:54:14 PM
A lesson to anyone really about growing a business too fast over too wide an area.

I imagine drivers should be ok with the national shortage, D and G, Arriva and others will no doubt step in to cover the work. I can't see anyone rescuing out of administration due to scale of investment required to bring it up to scratch.

If only they'd sold out to Stagecoach a couple of years back when the offer was on the table.

Wonder who's next...

The fact they've gone in to adminstration & have ceased trading with immediate effect means it's unlikely anyone will buy all or part of the business from the adminstrators as per Silcox. As surrounding operators will simply step in to takeveor their most lucrative routes and GHA drivers will be long gone

PM

When put like that, a last min rescue looks unlikely.

Hopefully the collapse will benefit D and G and help Arriva and Stagecoach strengthen their operations.

It's a pity it had to happen in this way, bit like Western Greyhound towards the end with buses not operating as they should. Flickr photos show the pretty poor standard of the appearance of the fleet, gold 'E200's' with tape on accident damage plus the multiple liveries and vehicles in use well past their best.

Most of that will probably end up on the scrapheap but the newer Solos, E200s, the batch of E300s, Cadets and B7RLEs should find ready buyers.

Tony

I have put 34 photos of their fleet on the main website in the last couple of weeks. Operating ex NXWM solos in  all day service is not a good sign

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk