News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Pat on June 22, 2020, 04:57:20 PM
So you basically have to have TfWM's permission to run a service up Bloxwich Road?

Very unfair on other operators. Ridiculous.

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 22, 2020, 05:21:14 PM
Very unfair on other operators. Ridiculous.

No it's not. They have the chance to ask to join a QP.

Why should two operators make a load of guarantees on the quality of service they offer lose income to Mr A Cowboy in his just legal 20 year old nail running at random time?

Pat

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 05:35:44 PM
Why should two operators make a load of guarantees on the quality of service they offer lose income to Mr A Cowboy in his just legal 20 year old nail running at random time?
But couldn't that be said for non QP routes too?

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 05:35:44 PM
No it's not. They have the chance to ask to join a QP.

Same way Mr A Cowboy can open up in between a Maccies and KFC on an average high street. Free market, or it should be.

If Maccies and KFC made similar guarantees on quality, and the independent couldn't open on the same high street, would you find that acceptable?

Are you saying that a newcomer can easily ask to join the QP and be accepted?

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 22, 2020, 05:43:25 PM

Are you saying that a newcomer can easily ask to join the QP and be accepted?

Yes, Any operator can be part of a QP.

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 05:45:42 PM
Yes, Any operator can be part of a QP.

So what you're saying is that if I lease a compliant bus and apply for a the relevant licences etc, I could join the 31/32 and NX & Diamond would have to adjust their frequency to allow me to slot my bus in?

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 22, 2020, 05:47:47 PM
So what you're saying is that if I lease a compliant bus and apply for a the relevant licences etc, I could join the 31/32 and NX & Diamond would have to adjust their frequency to allow me to slot my bus in?

TfWM would have to consider the application, and not just reject it

sryan188

How does that work with the Arriva 1/2 services are they part of the partnership as they follow for the majority of the 31/32 route and also the X51 that does. Should Arriva services 1/2 not accept NXWM/Diamond passes between Walsall & Bloxwich or do they?

Tony

Quote from: sryan188 on June 22, 2020, 06:24:23 PM
How does that work with the Arriva 1/2 services are they part of the partnership as they follow for the majority of the 31/32 route and also the X51 that does. Should Arriva services 1/2 not accept NXWM/Diamond passes between Walsall & Bloxwich or do they?

TfWM can accept or reject, same as the X51

l.murphy123

Quote from: sryan188 on June 22, 2020, 06:24:23 PM

Arriva haven't joined it but were able to.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 06:26:36 PM
TfWM can accept or reject, same as the X51
Any service that operates cross boundary and operates outside The West Midlands County is not a matter for West Midlands Combined Authority or Transport for West Midlands .TfWM are only responsible for services which operate within West Midlands County. As Tony quite rightly says TfWM can accept or reject the same as the X51 within the West Midlands County. It is however not commercially acceptable to expect NXWM to accept tickets issued by other operators on premium limited stop services.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 22, 2020, 08:42:46 PM
Any service that operates cross boundary and operates outside The West Midlands County is not a matter for West Midlands Combined Authority or Transport for West Midlands .TfWM are only responsible for services which operate within West Midlands County.

That's not correct. TfWM actually subsidise the 2 route. They can support a service up to 10 miles (I think, may be further) outside the county

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 08:50:53 PM
That's not correct. TfWM actually subsidise the 2 route. They can support a service up to 10 miles (I think, may be further) outside the county
My apologies Tony my comments were in regard to West Midlands Bus & the Quality Enhanced Partnerships and the relationship with the West Midlands Combined Authority & Transport for West Midlands in regard to the comments on the thread about service coordination and services operated in partnership. I am sorry I didn't make that clear to you. Yes you are correct service support is taken on a route by route basis based on historic  social and economic factors the 2 is an rare example TfWM do not support similar services to Romsley, Belbroughton ,Hagley Kinver, Barnt Green & Lichfield etc. A strong business case was given by a prominent local councillor and accepted it is however the exception to the rule. May I remind you that NXWM reduced Walsall service 10A following a reduction in support from Staffordshire County Council TfWM  did not in this instance step in to retain the journeys that fell outside West Midlands County. Journeys on NXWM 256 supported by TfWM used to run direct & omitted Staffordshire . It is TfWM policy not to routinely support services outside The West Midlands County .

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2020, 08:50:53 PM

Is it the Turnberry estate section that is subsidised?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

ellspurs

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 23, 2020, 04:46:02 PM
Is it the Turnberry estate section that is subsidised?

I remember someone posting a "top ten" cheapest/expensive subsidised routes on these here forums. After some scrambling around, I found it:

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5049.0

It does look like it is the Turnberry Estate section that is subsidised, and at the time of that request (2017) it was the cheapest subsidised per passenger route.

I wonder if there is a list of what services are currently subsidised by TfWM anywhere. Don't need to know the costings, just what routes they're subsidising.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk