News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Quote from: Steveminor on November 30, 2015, 01:01:39 AM
But those drivers will have jobs with other companies now & most probably won't change their attitude to customers so in the grander scheme of things passengers haven't really lost out.
But if I had to choose between a safe bus & one being driver by a friendly driver I know which one I would choose.

I would imagine that a company like Travel Express fails to set out any expectations in terms of driver appearance, standards or effective customer service skills. A reason for many drivers who display poor standards in these areas doing so is that they have never been set clear expectations and are unlikely to be called to account for performance. If Travel Express drivers have now got jobs with say Arriva or Diamond then training will have been given and expectations set and they will hopefully have been motivated to raise their game.

I would add to your comment Steve, if I had to choose between a bus been driven safely and being driven by a friendly driver I think I would make your choice. A safe bus is essential and so too is a bus being driven safely, it takes both to make a bus safe. I know of two ex- Pete's drivers who were employed by Travel Express, one directly and one via another company, who should never have had another job in the bus industry. They both used to drive buses that were safe in a very unsafe way.

countryliner

Can anyone on this forum tell me a list of all of the routes that Travel Express operated. I can remember some of the routes that they operated but not all of them. Thank you.

Quote from: countryliner on January 03, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Can anyone on this forum tell me a list of all of the routes that Travel Express operated. I can remember some of the routes that they operated but not all of them. Thank you.
1 Tettenhall Wood - Wolverhampton
11 Wolverhampton - Underhill
32 Wolverhampton - Northwood Park Circular
33 Wolverhampton - Northwood Park Circular
2 Wolverhampton - Bushbury Hill

A few years ago they used to be on the Bristol Road services
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Cheese

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2016, 02:51:51 AM

Pretty sure at some point they ran the 126, pretty sure I had that National of theirs from Birmingham to Wolves, around 2000 maybe.

Ashley 60171

Other short lived ones include

529 Wolverhampton to Willenhall
6 Wolverhampton to Pendeford
3 Wolverhampton to Fordhouses

I believe they did try the 126 in the early 2000's as well as the 63.

fleetline6477

They also ran journeys on 126 but I think these were only placement journeys to / from Birmingham for Bristol Road service 63.

PM

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2016, 02:51:51 AM

They ran the 63 for quite a number of years if I remember, I reckon 2003 until at least 2009. I used to catch them most days. It usually used to be H802OPT, H847NOC, H879LOX and a couple of Handyrider MOB darts. Happy days, those Carlyle darts could go when they wanted to! I remember once having to catch J232JJR which was a pretty horrible ride, absolutely roasting hot during the summer and the windows didn't seem to open. Never caught D603ACW on there but saw it a fair few times. Another one that made an appearance back in 2003 was RKA869T that always looked a bit worse for wear!

Niall

I think they had a go on the 9 as well at some stage, I remember catching one of the 'Handyrider' H-MOB darts into Halesowen once. Must have been around 2005/6.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

countryliner

@Niall @DiamondDart @fleetline6477 @Ashley 60171 @Cheese - Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated.

So it appears that Travel Express have operated the following routes.

Route 1 (Wolverhampton - Tettenhall Wood)
Route 2 (Wolverhampton - Bushbury Hill)
Route 3 (Wolverhampton - Fordhouses)
Route 6 (Wolverhampton - Pendeford)
Route 9 (Birmingham - Stourbridge)
Route 11 (Wolverhampton - Underhill)
Route 32 (Wolverhampton - Northwood Park)
Route 33 (Wolverhampton - Northwood Park)
Route 63 (Birmingham - Frankley)
Route 126 (Birmingham - Wolverhampton)
Route 529 (Wolverhampton - Willenhall)

Did they operate any other routes as well or is that all of them. Thank you.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: countryliner on January 03, 2016, 04:49:52 PM
@Niall @DiamondDart @fleetline6477 @Ashley 60171 @Cheese - Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated.

So it appears that Travel Express have operated the following routes.

Route 1 (Wolverhampton - Tettenhall Wood)
Route 2 (Wolverhampton - Bushbury Hill)
Route 3 (Wolverhampton - Fordhouses)
Route 6 (Wolverhampton - Pendeford)
Route 9 (Birmingham - Stourbridge)
Route 11 (Wolverhampton - Underhill)
Route 32 (Wolverhampton - Northwood Park)
Route 33 (Wolverhampton - Northwood Park)
Route 63 (Birmingham - Frankley)
Route 126 (Birmingham - Wolverhampton)
Route 529 (Wolverhampton - Willenhall)

Did they operate any other routes as well or is that all of them. Thank you.

That's all of them.

Did they not do shorts on the 126 from Birmingham to dudley??
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Dom

Quote from: 900 on January 03, 2016, 05:12:24 PM
Did they not do shorts on the 126 from Birmingham to dudley??

No they did the full route. They always missed out bus stations.

PM

63 was Birmingham to Rubery when they did it!

countryliner

@DiamondDart @WN @900 @Ashley 60171 - Thanks for the info. So Travel Express operated quite a few routes over the years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk