News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: SMK on June 08, 2012, 03:16:14 AM
The NXWM driver responded by flooring the Spectra thus beating the TE Dart to the junction  ;D

See how excellent the Spectra's are? Pretty impressive for a Double Decker bus to beat a far smaller, shorter, lighter, Single Decker Dart.

SMK

Quote from: wilmotm on June 08, 2012, 10:27:51 AM
The NXWM driver responded by flooring the Spectra thus beating the TE Dart to the junction  ;D

See how excellent the Spectra's are? Pretty impressive for a Double Decker bus to beat a far smaller, shorter, lighter, Single Decker Dart.
Lol I knew a Spectra fan would respond to that line.
TBF though the TE driver was kinda slow off the mark as lights changed unlike the NXWM driver.
Plus it hasn't changed my negative view of the Spectras  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Oh they forgot to mention the Spectra was hooked up to a Mansfield Tow Truck  :) :D :D ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

PM

Quote from: 4006 on June 08, 2012, 08:50:43 PM

Oh they forgot to mention the Spectra was hooked up to a Mansfield Tow Truck  :) :D :D ;D

Haha thats gr8 :))))

Ashley

Personally, id take Travel Express off the road or put their drivers through english lessons and a proper driving test as well as replacing the whole fleet, uniforming and a proper livery. One of the drivers on the 11 is polish and even the locals describe him as ''dangerous'' and ''maniac'', proven when he nearly ploughed into my moms car on the cannock road, you can hear the rattles on the Carlles from miles off and some of the smells from the exhuast is enough to knock out a rhino, this isnt an exaggeration and anybody can disagree with me, to be honest, theyre only selling point is cheap fares but the whole lot is a shambles tbh, their passnegers deserve a better service

PM

I agree. Tho those carlyle darts are amazing, particularly the ex hansons ones

mranon

yes, so amazing that one of them has been running around for days on the 11 with a panel missing exposing rotten framework! the polish driver has had a few bumps, especially when he tries to race in front of nxwm. how he keeps his licence let alone job god only knows. not all their drivers are bad. come on travel express management - get a grip!

PM

Come on! Theyre over 20 years old! Some have had hard lives in London/Rossendale behind them and they are fast and good buses. yes, they could be better maintained. The thing is its strange in this day and age to see bus racing etc because most drivers simply do not care!!

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 02, 2012, 07:59:55 PM
Come on! Theyre over 20 years old! Some have had hard lives in London/Rossendale behind them and they are fast and good buses. yes, they could be better maintained. The thing is its strange in this day and age to see bus racing etc because most drivers simply do not care!!

Noooo. Most drivers do care, that is why you don't see buses racing very often!

PM

What I meant was that most drivers no longer really care if their company can outdo another one-eg in the past diamond drivers used to race but no longer. I didnt mean care about safety etc as I know most/all drivers do-tho catching travel express in the past on the bristol road was good when they went fast as they sped up my journey times!!!!! Good buses too and in my experience nice drivers

mranon

old buses or not, hard lives - there are other operators running vehicles which have been to the moon and back. they treat them to overhauls, and repair to good standards. there is no excuse for running vehicles in a shoddy state i.e. panels missing etc. it just shows they dont care.

D10

It's about time the Traffic Commissioners had more bite to be able to do things about operators like Travel Express, they let down the whole industry.

Badger

Has anyone been down Tettenhall Wood recently? There were four travel express darts parked in a residential street which must be their terminus - with absolutely no care for neither the residents nor the NX:WM buses which had a load of trouble getting through.

I hate the company and the buses; yes they might have been alright in their day but with Travel Express they are well past it. The fact they have the cheek to run in other companies' liveries too. Handyrider, ACL Travel, BuVal, etc. Ok so they've put a TRAVEL EXPRESS logo in small type but they haven't removed the logos of the former operators.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

mranon

its the same down underhill terminus at lunchtime. all 4 just park up where they like no regard for residents or other traffic. it shows the business sense, cos they could either have a part time driver, and cover the breaks and keep the wheels turning, or stagger the breaks, so that their passengers with the cheap return aint stranded.

Yeah true but there is only one fag shop at Underhill terminus and they can nip next door for a pork pie for lunch!!!!!! lol sorry  :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk