News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Tamworth

Started by GeminiFan1991, May 21, 2015, 12:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: Nathan on May 23, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
The 54/154 are run by NX as they won the contract. So you cannot use that as an example, mate.

NX would never run to Stafford or Cannock (full time). There is too much hastle with ticket boundries and fare structures.

Forgot that, sorry
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Kevin on May 23, 2015, 06:59:52 PM
Codsall, whilst in Staffs, is a bolt on to the Centro supported area, as with Wombourne, Kinver, Little Aston... And The routes to / through those areas have I believe been old Corporation routes since time immemoriam, and have just become NX routes by progression. Leamington and Bedworth whilst not supported areas the routes are equally historic routes that have always been.
Birmingham to Tamworth was traditionally a Midland Red route (through to Nottingham I believe?) and as with other such routes like Bromsgrove, Redditch, Cannock, etc has passed on in this case to Arriva
X51 is a curious one I can't explain, the old 951/2/3 used to run all day through to Cannock, think they were a hangover from old Walsall Corporation routes

Walsall Corporation in their own right ran to Cannock, Hednesford, Rugeley and Lichfield, as well as local routes in these areas. They also ran from Dudley through Walsall to Cannock and Stafford jointly with Midland Red.
Tony

Bob

Cannock routes were up until the early 2000s at least very important services for nxwm. For a start Arriva didn't run to walsall at all so they had exclusivity until the chase bus service route 1 started in the late 90s. The route to Hednesford via Cannock was Walsall Corporations first ever route! And lets not forget that not that long ago NXWM were set to buy the entire Cannock operation from Arriva!

Chris2301

Quote from: Bob on May 23, 2015, 11:42:14 PM
Cannock routes were up until the early 2000s at least very important services for nxwm. For a start Arriva didn't run to walsall at all so they had exclusivity until the chase bus service route 1 started in the late 90s. The route to Hednesford via Cannock was Walsall Corporations first ever route! And lets not forget that not that long ago NXWM were set to buy the entire Cannock operation from Arriva!

Maybe that might happen again they did sell wardles off so.

Bob

Very much doubt it but you never know

Westy

Quote from: Bob on May 23, 2015, 11:42:14 PM

There was a thread about what would happen on here if NX bought Cannock, but Ive searched & searched but cant find it!

Something to do with the allocation of buses & services which I guess would mainly affect Walsall.

Ashley 60171

The bigger question is why do people believe that NXWM should operate to every place on the map?

Stu

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 24, 2015, 09:03:36 AM
The bigger question is why do people believe that NXWM should operate to every place on the map?

Exactly, as long as there is a bus service offered, does it matter really who operates it?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Yes because there are lots of factors.  Eg many cannock routes go into the west midlands but unless you pay twice with an arriva daysaver and an n bus etc you cant connect with other services.  Whereas with an nx daysaver you can. If arrivas presence in the WM wasnt as pitiful it might make connections to other towns easier etc

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on May 24, 2015, 11:08:31 AM
Yes because there are lots of factors.  Eg many cannock routes go into the west midlands but unless you pay twice with an arriva daysaver and an n bus etc you cant connect with other services.  Whereas with an nx daysaver you can. If arrivas presence in the WM wasnt as pitiful it might make connections to other towns easier etc

But Arriva also have enough of a presence in the black country for you to make use of your Arriva daysaver and not have to buy another ticket. However true to form, slating Cannock as per in a Tamworth thread.

Adding to mine and Stu's point about does it matter who as long as there is something. Arriva's service provision in virtually all the operating area is very good despite these areas having higher car usage etc and in parts better than in the primetime WM area

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 24, 2015, 11:53:27 AM
But Arriva also have enough of a presence in the black country for you to make use of your Arriva daysaver and not have to buy another ticket. However true to form, slating Cannock as per in a Tamworth thread.

Adding to mine and Stu's point about does it matter who as long as there is something. Arriva's service provision in virtually all the operating area is very good despite these areas having higher car usage etc and in parts better than in the primetime WM area

So if I want to go from Cannock to Birmingham by bus I can do that by arriva? Yea cos im gonna want to travel to lichfield and tamworth and sit for over an hour on the 110 after that? And if I want to go to dudley or merry hill or west Bromwich?  Most arriva services not all but most are subsidised evening ones or day time ones that take forever.  Its handy having NX in cannock again thats all im saying.  Amd for the record im not slating cannock here.

Westy

"Arriva has enough of a presence in the Black Country!"

Depends on where you live & where you want to go to!

As you probably know, those of you who live on the Sapphire 1 & 2, have had a leaflet through the door with a promotion for £2 off a Daysaver, as long as you purchase off the 1 & 2 driver.

Now this would be ok if you wanted to go to Cannock, Stafford, Rugeley, Lichfield & Tamworth, but what if you wanted to go to Telford or Bridgnorth?

You would have to go via Cannock & change to a Wolverhampton bus, which adds onto an already long journey.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on May 24, 2015, 05:15:35 PM
"Arriva has enough of a presence in the Black Country!"

Depends on where you live & where you want to go to!

As you probably know, those of you who live on the Sapphire 1 & 2, have had a leaflet through the door with a promotion for £2 off a Daysaver, as long as you purchase off the 1 & 2 driver.

Now this would be ok if you wanted to go to Cannock, Stafford, Rugeley, Lichfield & Tamworth, but what if you wanted to go to Telford or Bridgnorth?

You would have to go via Cannock & change to a Wolverhampton bus, which adds onto an already long journey.

You could just go from one end of Bloxwich High Street to the other then catch the 326 and 530.

I wasn't implying they have enough of a presence because Monday to saturday daytimes you couldn't solely get around using Arriva which I accept isn't convenient but maybe that will change.

Bob

I doubt very much it will change considering almost every new route they launch is a massive failure and ends up being withdrawn.....I think they might possibly even give up the ghost on the 76 not too far into the future.  Ididnt before but I do now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk