News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Ginger66

But half the fleet is still been repaired and the service level is every 12 minutes.

The question is how long till the rest of the fleet is repaired and why have MML still kept the order with them for the rest of the trams.  

mikestone

And just how do you think any other builder could get vehicles designed, built and passed for service any quicker?

Ginger66

I don't know if it's my imagination but was there idea of taking the metro from Edgbaston to the cricket ground 

uniquicity

Ginger66

As anyone seen the railway bridge replacement video on Facebook via unilad where the crew replacing a bridge completes the task in four days.   

Yet the crew replacing the bridges for midland metro seem to take ages.

Ginger66

I have read that the Coventry VLR is to be tested in the heart of Coventry, I have read that the VLR is supposed to be compatible with MM.  

If it is compatible with MM why not do testing between St Paul's to Edgbaston Village to see how it handles street running in a live scenario.  

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 14, 2023, 05:52:05 PMI have read that the Coventry VLR is to be tested in the heart of Coventry, I have read that the VLR is supposed to be compatible with MM. 

If it is compatible with MM why not do testing between St Paul's to Edgbaston Village to see how it handles street running in a live scenario. 

Insurance or safety concerns?  Perhaps it could be tested on the section of MM along Pipers Row, Wolverhampton since that's unlikely to open any time soon?

Tony

QuoteI have read that the Coventry VLR is to be tested in the heart of Coventry, I have read that the VLR is supposed to be compatible with MM. 

This is a VLR vehicle. Very Light Rail, which means different track. light Rail and Very Light Rail refers to the track not the weight of the vehicle 

Stuharris 6360

Been on the Metro for the first time in a while today, why are there a lot of 5 restrictions going through platforms.

Is this because of the condition of the track?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2023, 07:11:42 PMThis is a VLR vehicle. Very Light Rail, which means different track. light Rail and Very Light Rail refers to the track not the weight of the vehicle
Is this similar to the units used on the Stourbridge Shuttle? 

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 02, 2023, 07:24:24 PMIs this similar to the units used on the Stourbridge Shuttle?
It is probably just a bit smaller than the Stourbridge Shuttle

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 02, 2023, 03:52:51 PMBeen on the Metro for the first time in a while today, why are there a lot of 5 restrictions going through platforms.

Is this because of the condition of the track?
Speed restrictions? Probably more likely because of people walking onto the tracks in front of trams!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk