News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Diamond buses

Started by Ash, June 04, 2012, 11:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I thought 30217 has been withdrawn havent saw it for months and wonder why its being sold off, i see diamond are aquiring alot of solo's which im suprised as they likely to be replacing full size single deckers

Tony

30217 was in service mid May, only been off the road about a week!

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 04, 2012, 11:26:22 PM
i see diamond are aquiring alot of solo's which im suprised as they likely to be replacing full size single deckers

I've also noticed Diamond/Rotala seem to be amassing a sizeable fleet of Solos, what with the ex Preston Bus examples, the ex Newport batch & new all the latest acquisitions. Whether there are limited numbers of Dart SLF / Enviro 200's around on the second hand market of a similar age? But as you say, surely these will be replacing older Dart SLF's rather than like for like

Ash

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2012, 11:31:33 AM
30217 was in service mid May, only been off the road about a week!

The reason I mentioned 30217 is the 301 and 404E two routes i use frequently are operated by mainly blakc diamond wright cadets and havent seen this vehicle been used for months on these services and been looking out for it so it made me wonder if its been involved in a accident or something

30217 passes euro 3 emissions doesn't it?

PM

i havent seen 30801 for ages either, certainly not on the 50.....

Tony

Quote from: 4504 on June 06, 2012, 11:07:40 PM
30217 passes euro 3 emissions doesn't it?

Maybe, maybe not. NXWMs Y reg tridents were some of the first euro3 buses in the country so another Y reg could easily not be.

Tony

PM

Im sure its euro 2 as i read an article in buses 2000 about the cadet/sb120 and im sure it said euro 2 spec

MW

Has nobody thought that maybe it has a serious fault which is why it's withdrawn?

Tony

Quote from: Michael on June 07, 2012, 09:20:32 PM
Has nobody thought that maybe it has a serious fault which is why it's withdrawn?

No, because on the fleetlist I get it normally gives the reason for withdrawal, 217 is just given as 'for sale'

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2012, 09:22:49 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 07, 2012, 09:20:32 PM

No, because on the fleetlist I get it normally gives the reason for withdrawal, 217 is just given as 'for sale'

Fair play.

Just spotted an error on your front page. Where it says the fleet changes, the NXWM ones say June Changes. Should be May. Bit tedious of me to report that mistake but thought you'd like to know.

PM

I wonder why theyd sell this bus-unless for sale means another rotala subsidary such as Preston Bus may buy it..... Or unless its a mistake

Ash

For sale means there going out of the company but doesnt normally mean immediately, often they get painted white and either stay with black diamond or get moved over to blue diamond and get used there until an owner is found or get scrapped

Ash

20522 withdrawn from black diamond seems to be in use with blue diamond seen on the 119. Likely to be used until sale

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk