News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rail replacement services

Started by lgr, June 04, 2012, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgr

Out of interest, is there any reason why PB is always the garage that seems to be picked for rail replacement services?

It may not be always, but it is every time I've seen them, usually the 07 Enviro400's with a few newer ones thrown in, and strangely a Scania OmniCity today.

But yeah, is it just because they have the most to spare or is there another reason?

Lukeee

Could be to do with location, the Chase Line, Waslall - Wolves line and the Cross city all run nearby PB garage, although have also seen WA run rail replacement services before.

The Wolverhampton to Birmingham doesn't. I was expecting it to be ran by WN by PB use leather omnilinks on the route

MW

I remember PB operated the Birmingham to Stratford line a few years ago when there were a lot of rail works going on. They used ALX400s and Enviro400s.

AG have had a bit of rail replacement work. There was a photograph of a President on Tony's old fotopic site, with a full LED display showing the calling points etc.

Lukeee

Quote from: 4504 on June 04, 2012, 07:53:43 PM
The Wolverhampton to Birmingham doesn't. I was expecting it to be ran by WN by PB use leather omnilinks on the route

For the local Wolverhampton - Birmingham the train continues to Walsall so this maybe why.

Quote from: Lukeee on June 04, 2012, 10:12:47 PM
Quote from: 4504 on June 04, 2012, 07:53:43 PM

For the local Wolverhampton - Birmingham the train continues to Walsall so this maybe why.

Not on Sundays it doesn't.

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on June 04, 2012, 06:58:16 PM
Could be to do with location, the Chase Line, Waslall - Wolves line and the Cross city all run nearby PB garage, although have also seen WA run rail replacement services before.

Nothing as complicated. All rail replacement work is booked through PB, so they get first choice and allocate to other garages when they cannot cover!

Tomjusttom

The actual contact for organising LM rail replacement itself left National Express Rail Replacement ltd in April to another company who's name escapes me. That's why Johnsons and First Wyvern (Redditch depot) did Cross City South during the may bank holiday with PB also joining in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk