News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Will the new YW6 buses be painted in the new WMBus livery, Platinum or Crimson?
Also the buses that have branded this year (9,11A/C,50,82,87,X10), is that the branding that NX came up with or was they told by TFWM? (Because they have the little hexagon pattern.)

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 12:30:16 PM
Will the new YW6 buses be painted in the new WMBus livery, Platinum or Crimson?
Also the buses that have branded this year (9,11A/C,50,82,87,X10), is that the branding that NX came up with or was they told by TFWM? (Because they have the little hexagon pattern.)

6 are in a version of platinum

The branding is an NX design

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2019, 12:37:07 PM
6 are in a version of platinum

The branding is an NX design
Ok thanks Tony.
One more question: The mayor has said that all buses have to be in the WMbus livery by 2022, will the buses that are already crimsoned be repainted in the new WM bus livery or will they stay crimsoned and you will only paint buses in the WM bus livery closer to 2022?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 01:06:48 PM
Ok thanks Tony.
One more question: The mayor has said that all buses have to be in the WMbus livery by 2022, will the buses that are already crimsoned be repainted in the new WM bus livery or will they stay crimsoned and you will only paint buses in the WM bus livery closer to 2022?

As I said to Mr Jones There's no way it will happen. It's a physical impossibility

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2019, 01:08:55 PM
As I said to Mr Jones There's no way it will happen. It's a physical impossibility
Ok. What about the ones that are still in the toothpaste livery like the Wright deckers and the E200s?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 01:10:25 PM
Ok. What about the ones that are still in the toothpaste livery like the Wright deckers and the E200s?

There's been no buses in toothpaste liver for several years

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2019, 01:16:39 PM
There's been no buses in toothpaste liver for several years
I meant the red and white ones.

Westy

Would've thought the same criteria they applied to which vehicles became  crimson would apply here?

Ie vehicles below certain fleet numbers would stay red white or crimson & the  rest would have the Wm Bus livery !

Busboy105

Just thought of something. What if some of the current 6 platinums went on the X70? It's supposed to be a Platinum route yet uses E400s and Tridents. It doesn't even use the new batch of Platinums at BC.

Jack6101

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 21, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
Just thought of something. What if some of the current 6 platinums went on the X70? It's supposed to be a Platinum route yet uses E400s and Tridents. It doesn't even use the new batch of Platinums at BC.

Yess it does 7516 was on there yestaday and a few times last week
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 21, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
It's common on a weekend to see the full allocation with Platinums, but weekdays a few may turn every couple of days. Still strikes me they've given the 126 announcements on the Platinums but they can't be bothered to do the X70...

MasterPlan

I'm sure I saw someone say on here that the ☓70 was never branded because there's not that much of a PVR for it so it wouldn't be worth it. Yet the WN 54 is? Doesn't make sense.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 01:03:15 PM
It's common on a weekend to see the full allocation with Platinums, but weekdays a few may turn every couple of days. Still strikes me they've given the 126 announcements on the Platinums but they can't be bothered to do the X70...

X70 is part of the ex lea hall contingency so they Are never going to bother with branding or consistent Platinum allocation, just a theory.

Ashley 60171

With the upcoming changes. I take it not all of 2012-2023 have their 3/4 branding modified this weekend and as such a few will be de-branded entirely? Have any been chosen to be fully de-branded?

nathanielrwi

Will some of the X8 buses and the New transfers from PN be rebranded to feature the 8?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk