News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanielrwi

@SK68MEV thanks for the clarification, thought I'd seen that somewhere but the repainted Tridents threw me off a bit - cheers :)

Tony

Quote from: nathanielrwi on July 12, 2019, 09:43:03 PM
Haven't seen this asked before but apologies if it's already been answered. How is it decided whether buses (especially Tridents) are painted in white and blue/red or crimson when repainted, as the YW and WA Tridents for example have been painted into the crimson livery but some other garages or red/white buses being repainted for service in Coventry are repainted in the older livery?

Crimson is the full image including trim, so only buses that get a full refurbishment warrant crimson livery, not just a repaint. Buses older than 57 plate do not have enough life left to justify a full refrurb.

Westy

Tridents I can understand, but what's the life expectancy of a Gemini?

They look modern compared to a Trident!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on July 13, 2019, 10:10:58 AM
Tridents I can understand, but what's the life expectancy of a Gemini?

They look modern compared to a Trident!

3997 looks modern, so what! Geminis are still 15 or 16 years old the same as Tridents

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2019, 10:25:05 AM
3997 looks modern, so what! Geminis are still 15 or 16 years old the same as Tridents

You could paint up a Trident in the Wmpte Metrobus style & it wouldn't look too much out of place!

Hint, if you couldn't get another genuine Metro for the heritage fleet!

markcf83

What about either an Alexander bodied Volvo or a Wright bodied one in that?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DavieDD2

Quote from: markcf83 on July 13, 2019, 03:07:56 PM
What about either an Alexander bodied Volvo or a Wright bodied one in that?

There's an Alexander bodied Volvo in my profile pic, that was a good livery, any bus would look good in it.

0042 HSR 42X Dundee Travel Volvo Ailsa Alexander RV (fictional) by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

don

Looks great DavieDD2.

On the question of the BYD/ADL electrics, can anyone confirm whether the CV ones are on order, and whether single or double deck? I must admit I'd thought it was 29 double decks, 10 for Coventry and 19 for YW - maybe that has changed, particularly with YW getting a new batch of Platinums shortly.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on July 13, 2019, 10:40:15 PM
Looks great DavieDD2.

On the question of the BYD/ADL electrics, can anyone confirm whether the CV ones are on order, and whether single or double deck? I must admit I'd thought it was 29 double decks, 10 for Coventry and 19 for YW - maybe that has changed, particularly with YW getting a new batch of Platinums shortly.

The bid was based on 10 x E200MMC EV (For routes 9 & 20):
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8pek5efwQSsJ:www.coventry.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/27926/ultra-low_emission_bus_scheme_application_form.docx+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

It doesn't state single of double decker in the funding awards:
https://cbwmagazine.com/winning-bidders-of-ultra-low-emission-bus-scheme-announced/

don

Interesting stuff - looks like single deckers - this time next year, and replacing B7RLE on those routes. I wonder whether ultimately the ten would replace the E200s, which could be used elsewhere?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on July 14, 2019, 12:13:04 PM
Interesting stuff - looks like single deckers - this time next year, and replacing B7RLE on those routes. I wonder whether ultimately the ten would replace the E200s, which could be used elsewhere?

Anything is possible, I guess it will depend what's needed where, there's the Oct TfWM tender round, plus any other extra work taken on / planned expansion.

John

Passed 7509 on delivery heading south on the M6 as we were heading north

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on July 22, 2019, 06:51:02 PM
this route-one article details that the order of 19 BYDs has increased to a whopping 117

https://www.route-one.net/articles/Deliveries/100_orders_for_BYD_ADL_Enviro400EV_placed_already

any truth?
You've misread it.
37 + 32 + 29 + 19 = 117
117 on order for 4 operators in total.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on July 22, 2019, 06:57:59 PM
You've misread it.
37 + 32 + 29 + 19 = 117
117 on order for 4 operators in total.
Thought that was the case. 🤣 Apologies, my mate had sent the article to me with the same query - had thought it was strange that it hadn't been mentioned! lol
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk