News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

If its the 6 will be a complete &*(s take when yet again other corridors get left to rot.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 09, 2019, 08:34:29 PM
If its the 6 will be a complete &*(s take when yet again other corridors get left to rot.

When did the 6 last have new buses allocated then?

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2019, 08:38:31 PM

22 x 59 plate Omnilinks over 9 years ago.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on July 09, 2019, 08:57:10 PM
22 x 59 plate Omnilinks over 9 years ago.

I'm more interested in the cascades would love for PN to see Gemini :)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

dingding

One thing about the "Platinum revolution" I don't understand is the widespread introduction of a premium brand on slower non premium routes?
Harping back to the Timesaver days premium vehicles were introduced onto a new network of limited stop services and they were real standout vehicles.
I'm all for improvements to the fleet, the passenger experience and product but think the marketing and network planning could have been greatly improved by use of a high spec new standard bus to a similar standard alongside the platinum network making which would make Platinum a premium product.

Eric Shaw

The June issue of "Buses" had an article about the new Perry Barr garage stating that it would have provision for servicing 20 electric buses. Could this be a change of plan with the electrics going there and 7508 et seq going on the 6 at YW.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2019, 08:38:31 PM

Thé cascades from the 71/72 that's a least some invest.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 09, 2019, 09:43:46 PM
Thé cascades from the 71/72 that's a least some invest.

So transferred newer buses are an investment on some routes are an investment, but on others areva lack of investment

You post some rubbish

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Eric Shaw on July 09, 2019, 09:30:10 PM
The June issue of "Buses" had an article about the new Perry Barr garage stating that it would have provision for servicing 20 electric buses. Could this be a change of plan with the electrics going there and 7508 et seq going on the 6 at YW.

There was an image of the proposed perry Barr garage and it had some Catenaries so would be cheaper to build it into the new garage whilst converting Yardley Wood to have them proved too costly
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2019, 09:56:08 PM
So transferred newer buses are an investment on some routes are an investment, but on others areva lack of investment

You post some rubbish
55/94 routes haven't really had any newer buses transferred on though in recent years?
Last time that corridor had newer vehicles put on it, would have been when the 55 becames Omnilink operated some years back now.
94 last had newer buses on in 2003, when it transferred to PB upon LH closure it had older 2001 ALX400 placed on for a few years, until the 2003 Gemini (same age as the original Tridents) came on a few years later.
Not many newer buses have been put on?
Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 09, 2019, 08:34:29 PM
It would still free up a fleet of newer single deckers to upgrade another service elcewhere. For other corridors. Both routes would get an upgrade that way as well, with that service getting new platinums and that freeing up newer standard vehicles for elsewhere.
11A/11C were using older 2003/2004 B7TL deckers until earlier this year, but had an upgrade to 2015 E400 MMC freed up from other routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 09, 2019, 09:59:41 PM
There was an image of the proposed perry Barr garage and it had some Catenaries so would be cheaper to build it into the new garage whilst converting Yardley Wood to have them proved too costly

The electrics are on order and there's  no change of plan to what the company has announced

monkeyjoe

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 09, 2019, 10:12:04 PM
I post what I observe.

You post your opinion (nothing wrong with that), but it changes just to slag off ex LH routes

Gareth

Quote from: dingding on July 09, 2019, 09:25:23 PM
One thing about the "Platinum revolution" I don't understand is the widespread introduction of a premium brand on slower non premium routes?
Harping back to the Timesaver days premium vehicles were introduced onto a new network of limited stop services and they were real standout vehicles.
I'm all for improvements to the fleet, the passenger experience and product but think the marketing and network planning could have been greatly improved by use of a high spec new standard bus to a similar standard alongside the platinum network making which would make Platinum a premium product.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with premium becoming the new standard!

Stu

Quote from: dingding on July 09, 2019, 09:25:23 PM

It has been stated on several occasions that Platinum is no longer considered a 'premium brand' and that all new bus deliveries will be to Platinum spec, which is to say that is the standard going forwards.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk