News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

According to PSV Circle fleet lists in June 2005 there were 381 Metrobuses owned, including those withdrawn from service, and in January 2009 183.There are plenty of 3XXX numbers available after 3305 but the ex Travel London Darts 3601 to 3614 complicate things.

Solo1

Any reason the X8 not branded on the drivers side as it would be a advert for people that wonder where it runs

Stevo

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I saw a Trident (I think) in Coventry last week with full NX Connector stripes. There can't be many left in NXC or NXWM with the full stripes.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on June 24, 2019, 05:54:03 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I saw a Trident (I think) in Coventry last week with full NX Connector stripes. There can't be many left in NXC or NXWM with the full stripes.

It's actually on of CV's B7TLs. At one point we were considering sending those to Dundee, so it missed the quick repaint I gave most other buses with them. There's also a trapped B7TL at WB with them along with two Scanias at WA

SK68MEV

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2019, 06:06:13 PM
It's actually on of CV's B7TLs. At one point we were considering sending those to Dundee, so it missed the quick repaint I gave most other buses with them. There's also a trapped B7TL at WB with them along with two Scanias at WA
what fleet numbers are they
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

paulb1973

Quote from: Stevo on June 24, 2019, 05:54:03 PM

4423 is the Coventry B7TL.

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

markcf83

If I've got this right, the Scanias are 1889 and 1893.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Jack6101

7503 now arrived ,
Still no update where the rest are gonna go / guess we will find out in the next week or two
Local routes
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

CL

Quote from: Jack6101 on June 25, 2019, 11:59:41 AM
7503 now arrived ,
Still no update where the rest are gonna go / guess we will find out in the next week or two
After the last of Perry Barr's vehicles arrive, it'll leave 34 buses unallocated in this year's order. Contrary to what I've been alluded to, I'd have guessed the X1 & X2 were due another upgrade, by now. Since 2013, they've received an upgrade at a rate of every two years, on average. I'd love to see new branding for these routes; joint branding, whilst we're at it - seeing as we're currently seeing X1-branded vehicles on the X2 and vice versa.

I notice there has been speculation in regards to the 126. I, myself, have noticed a greater influx in Platinums appearing on the route; that, and the fact that it has its announcements recorded already - though, I suppose the same could be said for the 907 or Bristol Road. The latter I've yet to experience, might I add!

Pensnett couldn't be far off a few more vehicles to convert the 126 back to full time Platinum operation, surely. ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on June 25, 2019, 11:01:32 PM
After the last of Perry Barr's vehicles arrive, it'll leave 34 buses unallocated in this year's order. Contrary to what I've been alluded to, I'd have guessed the X1 & X2 were due another upgrade, by now. Since 2013, they've received an upgrade at a rate of every two years, on average. I'd love to see new branding for these routes; joint branding, whilst we're at it - seeing as we're currently seeing X1-branded vehicles on the X2 and vice versa.

I notice there has been speculation in regards to the 126. I, myself, have noticed a greater influx in Platinums appearing on the route; that, and the fact that it has its announcements recorded already - though, I suppose the same could be said for the 907 or Bristol Road. The latter I've yet to experience, might I add!

Pensnett couldn't be far off a few more vehicles to convert the 126 back to full time Platinum operation, surely. ???
There is nothing wrong with the current vehicles on the X1/X2, in my opinion. When I've been on the newer 2018 69XX
Platiums when they've got on there, I've never noticed any difference to the older ones at all.
The Bristol Road doesn't have any announcements on the platinums since they had there announcements redone at the start of the year. They used to have announcements for the Pershore Road as well as the Bristol Road.
The 60 also gets the Platinums daily as well as the Bristol Road at BC, in addition to the routes on which they are the main allocation.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

Quote from: CL on June 25, 2019, 11:01:32 PM

Your right about the 126 there's always between 4-5 on there A day now mostly 6940-42 , 6759-61 the older ex wn don't have the next stop on , I only seem to see 1 street deck on the 126 recently too
Local routes

karl724223

Quote from: Jack6101 on June 26, 2019, 05:57:15 AM
Your right about the 126 there's always between 4-5 on there A day now mostly 6940-42 , 6759-61 the older ex wn don't have the next stop on , I only seem to see 1 street deck on the 126 recently too
i had 6761 on the x10 the other day it's got the old male voice for the x10 but gornal end not programmed into it

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BH2004

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk