News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on June 11, 2019, 06:04:46 PM
Interesting to see if it remains purple. Policy was that all routes along main trunk roads would have the same colour branding (albeit different shades) - 9/X10, 35/50, X1/X2 etc - but the X7 and X8 were anomalies using totally different routes into Birmingham.

For consistency with other Hagley Road routes the X8 could go green.

It has stayed purple.

Looks good but I do think some people will get confused as it says to and from Birmingham City centre and then the every day 10 mins under it. Yeah it says between Wolverhampton and Dudley below that but it's in such small writing.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 12, 2019, 06:27:32 AM
It has stayed purple.

Looks good but I do think some people will get confused as it says to and from Birmingham City centre and then the every day 10 mins under it. Yeah it says between Wolverhampton and Dudley below that but it's in such small writing.

Yeah I've just seen it on the Mobile Signs website. Bang goes that idea of keeping all corridors a single colour then. Mind you, there are already too many green routes out there anyway.

RW

Quote from: Nathan on June 11, 2019, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from Wolverhampton garage thread. 6779 is having new branding applied today
From the photo uploaded it's not possible to tell. Please someone tell me they haven't completely disfigured the impressive design of the rear of the vehicle and that there is some semblance of windows that can still be seen out of by passengers and presumably drivers.

CL

Quote from: RW on June 12, 2019, 09:32:29 AM
From the photo uploaded it's not possible to tell. Please someone tell me they haven't completely disfigured the impressive design of the rear of the vehicle and that there is some semblance of windows that can still be seen out of by passengers and presumably drivers.
If it's anything like the recent examples, then yes, bits of the windows are obscured by branding - but not entirely. I'd have imagine it follows the same style as the other recently branded examples - in order to maintain uniformity

I wonder if the Harborne/University corridors will be redone in time ??? I know there's no sudden need for them to change now, but I'm just saying it would be nice to see them uniform in the future.

From my perspective, their current branding looks incredibly stopgap, seeing as they were introduced around the time of service changes on the network. The new branding looks much better, imo.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

One thing about the new branding that's not so good is the red 'charge into city' branding. It looks like a red route branding. On the BC 50, for instance, you're looking for a blue branded bus, not a red one.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on June 12, 2019, 07:07:55 PM
One thing about the new branding that's not so good is the red 'charge into city' branding. It looks like a red route branding. On the BC 50, for instance, you're looking for a blue branded bus, not a red one.

Or passengers could stop being lazy and simply look at the destination & route number on the front of the bus.

Tony

Stu

Quote from: Winston on June 12, 2019, 07:26:03 PM
Or passengers could stop being lazy and simply look at the destination & route number on the front of the bus.

Quite agree, its amazing how helpful those displays are!  ;D

Like last week, I was stood on the Stratford Road when I saw a Platinum bus with blue 50 branding approaching. It had "3 Yardley Wood" on the display, so naturally I got on it, as that was the service I wanted. I didn't let it go by just because of the blue branding.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on June 12, 2019, 07:41:34 PM
Quite agree, its amazing how helpful those displays are!  ;D

Like last week, I was stood on the Stratford Road when I saw a Platinum bus with blue 50 branding approaching. It had "3 Yardley Wood" on the display, so naturally I got on it, as that was the service I wanted. I didn't let it go by just because of the blue branding.

Exactly, don't take it for granted that a branded bus is on the route it is branded for, they are pretty good at keeping them on correct routes, but do stray on occasions when operational needs dictate.

It's amazing what using your eyes can do for you.....

SK68MEV

Quote from: Stevo on June 12, 2019, 07:07:55 PM
yeh but all other price branded buses are not the same colour as the route branded they are price branded for any route, they are not price branded for the route the bus was ordered for if it was it would have said e.g 50 on one side and then the price branding on the other
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on June 12, 2019, 07:30:29 PM
New 16 branding

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6995.html

Both 6994 and 6995 have now arrived at Perry Barr Garage. Photographed them arriving around 20 minutes ago.

Stevo

Quote from: Winston on June 12, 2019, 07:26:03 PM
In that case the colour route branding is simply adding confusion. Would you be better off without it?

winston

Quote from: Stevo on June 13, 2019, 01:58:50 PM
In that case the colour route branding is simply adding confusion. Would you be better off without it?

No, the only thing that causes the confusion is laziness, there's a bright orange display which says where the bus is going / what route. The branding is to promote the route & grow patronage.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 13, 2019, 09:29:27 AM
Both 6994 and 6995 have now arrived at Perry Barr Garage. Photographed them arriving around 20 minutes ago.

6995 is going out afternoon on the 855 school. It will be in Sutton Parade at 15:55 before it goes back to Garage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk