News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT90

With the X7 being withdrawn in June, I was wondering if WN will have to re-brand their platinums to show just the X8 and maybe it will be in the nice styling with a colour like on the 9 / 82 / 87 etc ?

I think it is currently purple, I'm sure it will look great if they do change it as some of the vehicles don't seem to have any branding on the front upper windows or rear, They are just plain etc.  ;)

CL

Quote from: TT90 on April 28, 2019, 09:38:04 PM
With the X7 being withdrawn in June, I was wondering if WN will have to re-brand their platinums to show just the X8 and maybe it will be in the nice styling with a colour like on the 9 / 82 / 87 etc ?

I think it is currently purple, I'm sure it will look great if they do change it as some of the vehicles don't seem to have any branding on the front upper windows or rear, They are just plain etc.  ;)
I had brought that up previously, but yes, it would make a lot of sense (at least for me) to.

As it stands the current branding for the X7/X8; the 23/34; and University branded MMCs have a "stop-gap style" branding, if you will, that was introduced around the time of their service changes. Probably explains why the front/rear were never branded in the end. I'd love to see the new style branding translated on those mentioned above; given that there aren't much more service changes affecting said services*.

I understand that it takes time, and almost definitely, money - but it would make the fleet look a little more uniform.

*guessing the 23/24 will have their announcements redone (and the services themselves rerouted), once Broad Street works is complete in a few years' time.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

@Tony saw you delivering 6972 on All Saints Way earlier I did wave from 4514.

Tony

Quote from: WB Driver on April 30, 2019, 02:08:28 PM
@Tony saw you delivering 6972 on All Saints Way earlier I did wave from 4514.

I saw a wave, didn't recognise who it was. 6974; 6975 & 6976 should all be available for WB Tomorrow night. Won't be me delivering these as I am taking 2248 to Dundee then am doing a duplicate NX 409 service on Friday

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2019, 02:11:22 PM
I saw a wave, didn't recognise who it was. 6974; 6975 & 6976 should all be available for WB Tomorrow night. Won't be me delivering these as I am taking 2248 to Dundee then am doing a duplicate NX 409 service on Friday

Is another streetlite coming down?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BK63 YWP

https://flic.kr/p/25adMbR

In the corner of the pic it looks like 6979 is ready to come on down to the mids
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

monkeyjoe

So have we had any speculation on the routes to get upgraded after the 16 then ? Yes I know if we are supposed to know it would be announced , hence i used the word speculation. Happy days discuss....

aSingh

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 13, 2019, 09:37:04 PM
So have we had any speculation on the routes to get upgraded after the 16 then ? Yes I know if we are supposed to know it would be announced , hence i used the word speculation. Happy days discuss....

So which routes would be worthy?
Which routes would be worth the investment?
Which routes would see increase in ridership?
Singh

Solo1

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 03, 2019, 08:56:54 PM
https://flic.kr/p/25adMbR

In the corner of the pic it looks like 6979 is ready to come on down to the mids
pic on photo links of 6979 in west Bromwich

Quote from: aSingh on May 13, 2019, 09:44:04 PM
So which routes would be worthy?
Which routes would be worth the investment?
Which routes would see increase in ridership?
It seems to me every main corridor will go platinum to keep hold of existing customers and attract new alike.
Platinums on Dudley rd treated like crap chicken bones ,fast food packaging ,drink everywhere, I can't see USB ports lasting very long.
Some of the 4700s truly in disgusting condition interior wise , I do wonder those passengers who pay yearly upfront what must they think is this what my £500/£600 gets me shit.

I have said many times in the past you could have cleaners at Dudley bus station to do a quick sweep out as they do in west brom , at one time the harborne buses got swept out at colmore row.

I do my bit throw glass bottles and anything dangerous in the bin use my feet to clear the aisles of rubbish into a corner.

MasterPlan

I'm sure the Harborne buses got swept out at Steelhouse Lane for a while too.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 14, 2019, 10:46:32 AM
Yes, they used to come onto the bus and pick up the rubbish at Sterlhouse Lane..
The 72 and X12 have a cleaner at Solihull Station. I think 61/63 and Uni routes might be done on Priory Queensway as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on May 14, 2019, 01:40:01 PM
Yes, they used to come onto the bus and pick up the rubbish at Sterlhouse Lane..
The 72 and X12 have a cleaner at Solihull Station. I think 61/63 and Uni routes might be done on Priory Queensway as well.

The uni branded did a couple of months back but the drivers were always coming in late so they had to go straight back out which meant the buses didn't get cleaned

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 14, 2019, 10:46:32 AM
The Streetly's and 997 would get cleaned at Bull Street, having seen them get cleaned there since last year. The 4 and 4A also got cleaned in City but that seems to died down now...

aSingh

Quote from: 2900 on May 14, 2019, 10:29:44 AM
It seems to me every main corridor will go platinum to keep hold of existing customers and attract new alike.
Platinums on Dudley rd treated like crap chicken bones ,fast food packaging ,drink everywhere, I can't see USB ports lasting very long.
Some of the 4700s truly in disgusting condition interior wise , I do wonder those passengers who pay yearly upfront what must they think is this what my £500/£600 gets me shit.

I have said many times in the past you could have cleaners at Dudley bus station to do a quick sweep out as they do in west brom , at one time the harborne buses got swept out at colmore row.

I do my bit throw glass bottles and anything dangerous in the bin use my feet to clear the aisles of rubbish into a corner.

The 2 cleaners at WB Bus station have been made redundant. No idea why, and now you should see the state of the 74E's and 80's. Horrible, horrible, horrible. 74 dudley even worse.
Singh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk