News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

For those that haven't seen it on facebook here is the finished West Bromwich heritage livery on the way back to the garage this afternoon

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4679.html

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on April 09, 2019, 06:16:08 PM
For those that haven't seen it on facebook here is the finished West Bromwich heritage livery on the way back to the garage this afternoon

Looks absolutely gorgeous like the BCT livery on 4651, the West Brom Corp livery suits the Gemini bodywork wonderfully.

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on April 09, 2019, 06:16:08 PM

Looks absolutely stunning. Will be making a concerted effort to see as many of the vintage repaints as possible in July when I come to the West Midlands.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

busboy31

Westy

Do hope the latest repaints make an appearance at Aston Manor before the end of the year.

windy miller

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Formally announced to staff in this week's business brief

"we've now placed an order for our first batch of fully-electric buses. These will be a batch of 19 Platinum-spec electric double deckers, to arrive in Yardley Wood around Christmas time. Another 10 buses will arrive in Coventry shortly afterwards"

So the question about electric buses not helping overcrowding is answered with them being double deck, so will ease overcrowding.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2019, 10:25:26 AM
Formally announced to staff in this week's business brief

"we've now placed an order for our first batch of fully-electric buses. These will be a batch of 19 Platinum-spec electric double deckers, to arrive in Yardley Wood around Christmas time. Another 10 buses will arrive in Coventry shortly afterwards"

So the question about electric buses not helping overcrowding is answered with them being double deck, so will ease overcrowding.

Will these be E400 MMC or E400 City?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Mike K

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on April 12, 2019, 11:01:18 AM
Will these be E400 MMC or E400 City?

Interesting. At the moment the E400EV BYDs (assuming that's what they will be) in London, and those on order for Stagecoach Manchester are E400 City.

Presumably it would be possible for ADL to use either bodywork though?

DJ

My friend said he saw an unbranded Platinum MMC this morning heading southbound on the M6 near Warrington, it could be one of the new 19 plates being delivered?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 13, 2019, 11:36:02 AM
My friend said he saw an unbranded Platinum MMC this morning heading southbound on the M6 near Warrington, it could be one of the new 19 plates being delivered?
The dates certainly match up!

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2019, 11:29:19 AM
First of this next batch are hopefully only 2 weeks away now
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 13, 2019, 11:36:02 AM

I'm sure Tony posted somewhere saying the first 2 will be delivered on a weekend

amodelofcontrol

Quote from: Mike K on April 12, 2019, 12:29:07 PM
Interesting. At the moment the E400EV BYDs (assuming that's what they will be) in London, and those on order for Stagecoach Manchester are E400 City.

Presumably it would be possible for ADL to use either bodywork though?

Could it be dangerous to assume that these are automatically ADL-based vehicles? After all, there are also Optare MetroDeckers which are currently gaining orders now (and indeed there was an announcement recently that they had taken a number of "significant" orders for the type since the Reading and Metroline orders - only one has gone public, which is 21 for First York Park & Ride work). I mean, I know it's very likely that they are ADL, but...

winston

Quote from: amodelofcontrol on April 13, 2019, 06:59:46 PM
Could it be dangerous to assume that these are automatically ADL-based vehicles? After all, there are also Optare MetroDeckers which are currently gaining orders now (and indeed there was an announcement recently that they had taken a number of "significant" orders for the type since the Reading and Metroline orders - only one has gone public, which is 21 for First York Park & Ride work). I mean, I know it's very likely that they are ADL, but...

If you look at the make-up of NXWM's fleet, see how many ADL vehicles there are in relation to Optares.

DavieDD2

Quote from: amodelofcontrol on April 13, 2019, 06:59:46 PM

Don't forget the MCV Evoseti, it seems to be pretty popular in London, it is fair to say it will probably be ADL, I do prefer the City version of the Enviro.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk