News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Nxwm on April 08, 2019, 01:45:58 PM
I've heard Perry Barr are having 22 new platinum buses any truth in this?
I've heard that as well, they'll probably skip out routes in dire need of an upgrade, 65/67, 94 and probably go to something like the 7 or 16, not like they've not had an upgrade...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:21:13 PM
I've heard that as well, they'll probably skip out routes in dire need of an upgrade, 65/67, 94 and probably go to something like the 7 or 16, not like they've not had an upgrade...

So when did the 7 or 16 last have new buses?

Jack6101

Looks like some of the yw e400mmc have got new red price branding and it's looking very nice
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Tony on April 08, 2019, 07:24:12 PM
Never said 'new' buses I clearly stated 'upgrade'. They were upgraded several years ago now and quite frankly they don't deserve all high spec buses, the 7 doesn't anyway, more people at Perry Common would use the 65 to City being the faster route, not the 7 which goes through traffic hotspots, so unless they are trying to win people off the 65 to go onto the 7 then I don't get what NX are trying to achieve.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:27:50 PM
Never said 'new' buses I clearly stated 'upgrade'. They were upgraded several years ago now and quite frankly they don't deserve all high spec buses, the 7 doesn't anyway, more people at Perry Common would use the 65 to City being the faster route, not the 7 which goes through traffic hotspots, so unless they are trying to win people off the 65 to go onto the 7 then I don't get what NX are trying to achieve.

a) I haven't said either route is getting an upgrade
b) If you know so much about what 'people want' why aren't you working in a marketing department

Steve3229vp

I've been interested in buses for over 45 years now and it's only been recent years that I've seen this obsession term "upgrade" as if a bus route needs it or should have it. It's always nice to have a platinum with USB and WiFi or an Enviro and as many may know how i detest the Scania Omnicities but at the end of the day a bus to work or shopping or home is just a bus. I remember fleetlines and metrobuses being delivered in the late 70's and early 80's and they just appeared on any bus routes, there was no route "upgrade", it's nonsense!

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 08, 2019, 08:06:53 PM
I've been interested in buses for over 45 years now and it's only been recent years that I've seen this obsession term "upgrade" as if a bus route needs it or should have it. It's always nice to have a platinum with USB and WiFi or an Enviro and as many may know how i detest the Scania Omnicities but at the end of the day a bus to work or shopping or home is just a bus. I remember fleetlines and metrobuses being delivered in the late 70's and early 80's and they just appeared on any bus routes, there was no route "upgrade", it's nonsense!

So the fact the Dundee 22 has got a 10% growth in passengers just by 'upgrading' it is rubbish?

Same applys to WM routes

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on April 08, 2019, 08:12:26 PM
So the fact the Dundee 22 has got a 10% growth in passengers just by 'upgrading' it is rubbish?

Same applys to WM routes

Don't miss understand me Tony and the growth on some routes has been impressive especially the X51, you are right but i just don't get comments about certain bus route are due and upgrade.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Tony on April 08, 2019, 08:12:26 PM

Same applys to WM routes

It's a shame the 22 seems to be the only route getting an upgrade in Dundee, it's the first since the 5 got 9 hybrids 6 years ago and that was only because a government grant paid for some of them. There was a load of blurb about how 6687-70 were going to clean up the air in the city yet they're on a route that only uses one of Scotland's most polluted roads, the 28/29 uses two of them yet nothing but cascades. With so many ageing Geminis in Dundee it's going to be interesting to see what replaces those, I doubt it'll be shiny new MMC's.

Stuharris 6360

@Tony would there be any plans for single deck Platinums, although I suppose the single deck fleet is quite modern?

Could get rid of those horrid Scanias I suppose.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on April 08, 2019, 08:28:47 PM
It's a shame the 22 seems to be the only route getting an upgrade in Dundee, it's the first since the 5 got 9 hybrids 6 years ago and that was only because a government grant paid for some of them. There was a load of blurb about how 6687-70 were going to clean up the air in the city yet they're on a route that only uses one of Scotland's most polluted roads, the 28/29 uses two of them yet nothing but cascades. With so many ageing Geminis in Dundee it's going to be interesting to see what replaces those, I doubt it'll be shiny new MMC's.

Watch this space!

Gareth

Has the 7 ever had a batch of buses specifically for it? I can't think of any.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:27:50 PM

What traffic hotspots?

The only ones I can think of are the end of Summer Lane from city and coming out of city by Snow Hill.
There's nowhere near as much traffic hotspots compared to the Bristol Rd for example.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

busboy31

They brought the E400s from Pensnett and they weren't even new.

Jack

Quote from: B.C Driver on April 09, 2019, 01:17:20 PM
What traffic hotspots?

The only ones I can think of are the end of Summer Lane from city and coming out of city by Snow Hill.
There's nowhere near as much traffic hotspots compared to the Bristol Rd for example.
Summer Lane and Witton Road (Villa playing makes it worse).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk