News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Ummmm interesting, however I suspect 94 etc will just get more cast offs if honest.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2019, 11:11:14 PM
One of the PB routes getting is Platinum buses, if there is any truth in what he's said?
If so I wander what route they'd be for?

Just seen these comments:
"as I understand the majority of the new order will be based on routes which start from Brum but finish in Black Country zones"
"Meanwhile in Wolverhampton they will be losing all 43** tridents so with the exception of the remaining sixteen 53 plate Tridents, their oldest vehicles will be 61 plates! "
"(although I'm not allowed to name them yet but one is a PB route)"
(See comments at the bottom of the page).

edit - Looks like he's deleted everything he said now though.

You've made it look as if I said that. I said nothing of the sort.

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2019, 08:07:15 AM
You've made it look as if I said that. I said nothing of the sort.
I never said you said it and I didn't try and make it look as if you said it I either (I didn't intentionally make it look like you said it).
I linked his youtube  channel where he said it in my post, I think it was quite clear at the time (maybe not now its deleted).
But the links still there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Hopes of fair allocation of resources dashed then lol

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 23, 2019, 08:59:59 AM
Hopes of fair allocation of resources dashed then lol

No, because the statement is rubbish

37351ml

The 33 hasn’t been upgraded for a while, 2011 i believe

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2019, 09:05:38 AM
No, because the statement is rubbish

I presume it would currently be impossible to withdraw all of WN's Y-reg/51/02/52 plate Tridents (I make 46 in total), given there's only 75 new buses due, plus a whole host of Pvr increases due to various extensions and newly won TfWM contracts from end of April.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 37351ml on March 24, 2019, 04:09:05 PM
The 33 hasn't been upgaraded for a while, 2011 i believe

O I forgot about that  lol.

Jack

The 33 hasn't been upgraded for a while, 2011 i believe
Neither has the 51, but they don't need an upgrade, what they need is a frequency increase...

B.C Driver

The 33 hasn't been upgraded for a while, 2011 i believe

It wouldn't make sense to make the 33 Platinum and leave the 51 as it is. And as the 51 has just be regarded I highly doubt it would happen.
As Jack said both routes need a higher frequency.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

busboy31

the new number 9 buses have finally got adverts on sides.

BH2004

Quote from: busboy31 on March 29, 2019, 09:01:48 PM
the new number 9 buses have finally got adverts on sides.

I didn't think that they were going to get adverts because of them advertising about platinum on the sides.

CL

Just throwing it out there in the most concise way possible: I'd like to see NX rebrand the buses on the Harborne/Uni corridors, as well as the X7/X8. The latter would go without saying, if the rumours of the X7's withdrawal turns out to be true.

Digging deeper into it; I've had this thought for a while - or at least since the new style of branding was launched on the 50 (and subsequently other routes), a few months back. Perhaps that's why the branding on the aforementioned services look/are incomplete. ??? I wouldn't put it past National Express holding off rebranding until the new style was already rolled out. This, to me, seems like a logical explanation as to why those branded vehicles lack interior route maps, or the front/rear branding.

The Warwick Uni branded buses are an example of how corridor branding could be applied. The current branding on these buses, while undoubtedly incomplete, look like stopgap measures to promote the new/altered routes around the time of the affecting service changes. The Harborne branded ones demonstrates the loss of the 22 & 29 from the corridor, while the X routes promotes, well, the (then) new X routes.

Whilst I can understand it's not a priority in terms of bus operation, it sure would tidy up the fleet if branding were a little more uniform.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

First of this next batch are hopefully only 2 weeks away now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk