News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Gareth on February 08, 2019, 10:31:39 AM
Excellent news. I'm just waiting for the 'the brand is being diluted' nonsense comments!

I don't see how anyone can complain about further new investment with higher spec buses, whether destined full stopping or limited stop routes.

Gareth

Quote from: Winston on February 08, 2019, 10:36:30 AM
I don't see how anyone can complain about further new investment with higher spec buses, whether destined full stopping or limited stop routes.

Agreed. If anything it enhances the whole NXWM brand.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2019, 10:29:54 AM
officially announced today is this years order which is for another 75 platinums (6968-7000; 7500-7541) which are due in about 3 months

Great news, I presume this will see off most of the 51/02 plate Tridents, either by replacing them directly or allowing for cascades?

Are you allowed to say what routes they're for yet? I'm crossing my fingers for the 79 but I doubt it, but if not, the 74 would be great, then move those E400s to WN or something.  ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on February 08, 2019, 10:40:49 AM

And 164 new vehicles in 6 months is an impressive investment, that's not far off First & Stagecoach(excluding London) annual investment in a much bigger fleet

winston

Exactly, and the new bolder coloured branding on the Platinum base liveries now seen on the 9 & 50 shuts the 'Platinum Livery is so dull crowd up'

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 08, 2019, 10:43:44 AM
Great news, I presume this will see off most of the 51/02 plate Tridents, either by replacing them directly or allowing for cascades?

Are you allowed to say what routes they're for yet? I'm crossing my fingers for the 79 but I doubt it, but if not, the 74 would be great, then move those E400s to WN or something.  ;)

Not actually decided yet is why I cannot tell you the routes

uniquicity

Also depends on whether we've reached the point when these will replace the original Platinums (to be repainted into Crimson / Blue / Green) or if they are in addition

Sayeed

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 08, 2019, 10:43:44 AM

I'll use my old prediction

Quote from: Sayeed on December 30, 2017, 04:15:15 AM
Platinums for the 1 & 59 (WN)
Век живи - век учись

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2019, 10:44:50 AM
And 164 new vehicles in 6 months is an impressive investment, that's not far off First & Stagecoach(excluding London) annual investment in a much bigger fleet

Also not forgetting the following coaches arriving in the same period:

15 x Scania / Levante III's for Start Hill (14) & Walsall (1)
6 x Scania / Levante II's for JLR (BC)

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 08, 2019, 10:47:48 AM
Also not forgetting the following coaches arriving in the same period:

15 x Scania / Levante III's for Start Hill (14) & Walsall (1)
6 x Scania / Levante II's for JLR (BC)

20xscania levante for JLR (hence the gap in the fleetnumbers up to WA 277) in the same period along with more for owned ops and around another 25 new hi-spec coaches for the Kings ferry group + the Citaros for Stewarts

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2019, 10:54:20 AM
20xscania levante for JLR (hence the gap in the fleetnumbers up to WA 277) in the same period along with more for owned ops and around another 25 new hi-spec coaches for the Kings ferry group + the Citaros for Stewarts

I was just going on the additions under WMT Ltd.

It's got to be the way to go, to try and turnaround the year on year falls in passenger number nationwide.

paulb1973

Slight shame the fleet numbers couldn't continue from 6968 without a gap - but the others are occupied! It's probably 40 years since 7000 (and beyond) was reached and passed in the PTE era.

monkeyjoe

51 and 33 need another upgrade it's been soooo long ;)

monkeyjoe

Actually it's been a while since the 4/ 37 has had an upgrade lol

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 08, 2019, 02:46:21 PM
51 and 33 need another upgrade it's been soooo long ;)
Please no, it's bad enough when a Platinum appears on the 51 and people let it go past as they think it's the X51.

It's actually time the 907, 952 and X21 had an upgrade  8)

I think there's a chance they could send some to PE and put them on the 529, and more to YW for the 35 perhaps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk