News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

I did read space but they could move the mmc to ag  then the buses stored at park lane
move to yardley wood  unless when the tax has run out they will then withdraw some of the tridents then put the buss into service

Tony

Nice you know better than the people actually trying to get 75 new buses into service without knowing anything about what's needed

Quote from: Solo1 on December 16, 2018, 07:32:19 PM
I did read space but they could move the mmc to ag  then the buses stored at park lane
move to yardley wood  unless when the tax has run out they will then withdraw some of the tridents then put the buss into service

@Tony has already said, it is space at BC where they are being prepared for service that is the problem, no space at YW.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

The Scarborough built batch (6952-67) are all at Coventry now with deliveries completed over the weekend

DavieDD2

Apologies if this has been asked before, (I'm not the most frequent visitor to the WM forum), but what's going to happen when the fleet numbers get to 7000? they're not that far away now.

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 17, 2018, 11:01:19 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before, (I'm not the most frequent visitor to the WM forum), but what's going to happen when the fleet numbers get to 7000? they're not that far away now.

No decision yet as it isn't a problem until more than another 33 platinums are on their way

Westy

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 17, 2018, 11:01:19 AM

They carry on surely, as theres been Wmpte vehicles over 7000.

The Titans for starters.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Westy on December 17, 2018, 11:13:45 AM
They carry on surely, as theres been Wmpte vehicles over 7000.

The Titans for starters.

You're forgetting the 18 54 plate Dundee Geminis (7001 - 7018) and the 14 former Dundee Omnilinks (7019 - 7033)

markcf83

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 17, 2018, 11:19:11 AM
You're forgetting the 18 54 plate Dundee Geminis (7001 - 7018) and the 14 former Dundee Omnilinks (7019 - 7033)

The Scanias can be moved to follow the existing examples starting at 1954. The Volvos I have no idea of....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2018, 11:12:04 AM
No decision yet as it isn't a problem until more than another 33 platinums are on their way

But given it's been stated all subsequent deliveries will be Platinum, surely some sort of plan would be in place?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on December 17, 2018, 11:41:44 AM
But given it's been stated all subsequent deliveries will be Platinum, surely some sort of plan would be in place?

No
There are ideas, but which will be actioned has not been decided.

Several options include 3401 upwards; 6151 upwards; 7501 upwards or even something completely different

DavieDD2

Just an idea, but how about tagging the Scanias onto the existing batch as has been suggested and reverting the Geminis back to their old 2 digit Tayside numbers by knocking off the 70--, they only have 2 or 3 years left in them anyway.

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 17, 2018, 11:56:55 AM
Just an idea, but how about tagging the Scanias onto the existing batch as has been suggested and reverting the Geminis back to their old 2 digit Tayside numbers by knocking off the 70--, they only have 2 or 3 years left in them anyway.

Renumbering is out of the question. The current system still leaves the old numbers as used with their history on

DavieDD2

Onto plan b then, retire the Geminis and send us some more shiny new Emeralds :D :D

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 17, 2018, 12:13:01 PM
Onto plan b then, retire the Geminis and send us some more shiny new Emeralds :D :D

Cannot reuse fleetnumbers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk