News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

The trouble was earlier vehicles were often reallocated in, small seemingly random, batches, so it was very difficult to know which vehicles were at which garages. So much better now.

don

The advantage of having small batches (and certainly back in the early 80s) was the burden for maintenance - be it routine or more substantial like recertification (required until the mid 80s) - requiring major bodywork attention) was no one garage would have too much burden at one time of vehicles away in works or require loans from elsewhere to cover. Whether it's linked I don't know but WMPTE and particularly Dudley garage got into major problems with the Ministry in the late 70s/early 80s owing to maintenance issues - no doubt there were a combination of reasons, including utilisation requirements not making enough buses available for maintenance, but the result was swapping all the Leyland engined Fleetlines (including 6301-6315) for Gardner with other garages - this may also have contributed to the change in approach to new vehicle allocations. The 6301-6420 batch had been shared in large batches mostly between Wolverhampton, Dudley, Hartshill and Stourbridge.

I well remember Oldbury receiving 2841 as a one off. HL also received odd ones or twos, the numbers of which escape me for now but 2860 rings a bell!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

I can recall as school kid during the 80s 86-90 I used the 120/128 from Oldbury to Langley me and mates used to point out brand new bus today F plated 3000 series metrobus they used to  look really smart back then, at that time I saw them only 128/9 service , the brown moquette trim very coach like, there was only a few of them never saw them on the 120 service which was always fleet liner.
Much later I learned Hockley operated the 128/9 so no fleet liners and Dudley for the 120
I can also remember the disappointment on how appalling these 3000 series were to drive except for 3088/90 were decent though.

cardew

Way off topic I know but the allocation of the first batch of Nationals always confused me, the very definition of one here, one there. I only recently compiled what I believe to be the actual list, I will post (in a new topic for tidiness) if anyone wants me to.

B.C Driver

Personally as much as large blocks of fleet numbers make things neat, I also like a few odd ones scattered into the mix.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

The Real 4778

Quote from: B.C Driver on December 12, 2018, 07:30:01 PM
Personally as much as large blocks of fleet numbers make things neat, I also like a few odd ones scattered into the mix.

Quite.  I never thought bus allocations would be exacerbating people's OCD, unless of course these contributors are having a joke. 

Back in the day, having twos and threes, singletons and cast-offs was part of the fun with garage allocations. 

These days it's the equivalent of modern art, where a canvas is one big beige rectangle and a bus garage runs three 50+ unrelieved blocks of consecutive numbers. 
Don't you start.

SK68MEV

Pesenett platinums arriving at bc for ticket machines as Yardley wood ones being shipped to Wolverhampton as there's not enough room persuming
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Trident 4609

Quote from: Hammad on December 13, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
Pesenett platinums arriving at bc for ticket machines as Yardley wood ones being shipped to Wolverhampton as there's not enough room persuming

Somehow i don't think you can 'ship' a bus into Wolverhampton...

SK68MEV

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2018, 04:52:43 PM
meant driven I always say shipped
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2018, 04:52:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with what he said. He doesn't literally mean  that it was sent on a ship.
There's nothing wrong with that statement.
Check the Google definitions of "Ship/Shipped":
"send by some other means of transport or by mail.
"he was captured and shipped off to a labour camp""
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on December 13, 2018, 05:48:04 PM
There's nothing wrong with what he said. He doesn't literally mean  that it was sent on a ship.

It's a joke....
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2206 on December 13, 2018, 05:48:04 PM

Yeah. Thanks for explaining that. However you wasted your time. My comment was just light hearted and tongue in cheek.

@SL 16 YPN Cheers.

Jack D

winston

Quote from: Jack D on December 13, 2018, 08:15:17 PM
When are they releasing an X70 branding?

There's nothing to put X70 branding on yet, as the buses for it have yet to be delivered.

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk