News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on December 05, 2018, 12:58:47 PM
One would expect the SOHO rd enviros to be trashed by now, but far from it every one I,ve been on is in surprisingly clean and vandal free condition upstairs  , the Dudley rd enviros seem worse

Busy routes tend to suffer less. It is routes where vandals are left alone upstairs that suffer. The worst route for vandalism in Timesaver Metro days was the 366 through Streetly as quite often there was no-one other than the idiots in the upper saloon

MasterPlan

NX have shared a pic of the new bus for the 50 on FB. The branding does look good to be fair. I particularly like that the red bits at the bottom have been turned blue. Shame the Uni buses haven't had that little touch added. Would've looked nice.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SK68MEV

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 05, 2018, 04:09:17 PM
NX have shared a pic of the new bus for the 50 on FB. The branding does look good to be fair. I particularly like that the red bits at the bottom have been turned blue. Shame the Uni buses haven't had that little touch added. Would've looked nice.
i have not seen it on fb but pics are on the site
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

MasterPlan

Also are the rear of the 23/24 & Uni buses ever going to be done?

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 05, 2018, 05:27:53 PM
Also are the rear of the 23/24 & Uni buses ever going to be done?
Don't forget the X7/X8 buses!

I personally think the way the uni, 23/24 and X7/8 have been done  is very subtle compared to other branded vinyl wraps which,re pretty much full on, may be case of wait and see how the changes bed in if not very easy to change the branding, , it must be many £££ for these full on branding wraps per bus .

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2900 on December 05, 2018, 06:20:17 PM
I personally think the way the uni, 23/24 and X7/8 have been done  is very subtle compared to other branded vinyl wraps which,re pretty much full on, may be case of wait and see how the changes bed in if not very easy to change the branding, , it must be many £££ for these full on branding wraps per bus .

Yeah I was thinking maybe they're holding back because of potential further changes to these routes, but who knows.

Mike K

Quote from: 2900 on December 05, 2018, 06:20:17 PM

You may have a point there, the style of these brandings, with nothing at all on the front or back is at odds with other Platinums. Maybe in due course we can expect colour coded vinyl wrapped fronts and advert frames, although as previously pointed out I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to the University routes first. The X7 still doesn't seem that well used at the Birmingham end either. Look forward to seeing this latest batch delivered - I do think the colour coded top deck fronts look effective.

Eric Shaw

In Coach and Bus Week today, in an article about the Oxford Bus Company it says that the Enviro  400's delivered with flywheels in the transmission have had them removed. This was the type NXWM had a government grant for a couple of years ago. It was stated in the technical  press sometime later that production of them had ceased and I think  this article brings the saga to its final conclusion. I shall be disappointed if the same happens to the electric and hydrogen powered buses expected.

winston

Quote from: Eric Shaw on December 05, 2018, 08:46:55 PM
In Coach and Bus Week today, in an article about the Oxford Bus Company it says that the Enviro  400's delivered with flywheels in the transmission have had them removed. This was the type NXWM had a government grant for a couple of years ago. It was stated in the technical  press sometime later that production of them had ceased and I think  this article brings the saga to its final conclusion. I shall be disappointed if the same happens to the electric and hydrogen powered buses expected.

Those Gyro Drive buses were meant to be 10 x Wrightbus Gemini HEV96, not ADL.

Eric Shaw

Point taken, but it was the gyro drive that proved unsatisfactory not any of the bus designs.

Trident 4609

P419 EJW

don

Is there any update on the latest status of deliveries (also to Coventry?)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BN

Quote from: don on December 07, 2018, 12:45:08 AM
Is there any update on the latest status of deliveries (also to Coventry?)

6898 just landed at WN.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk