News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fox 4846

Yes but they do have premium features such as WiFi, High Backed seats and I believe extra legroom.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Trident 4194

Is it possible to fit just next stop announcements onto the Mmcs which will be used on the 11A/C? This route in my opinion would really benefit from announcements more so than any other route.

Sh4318

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 26, 2018, 09:43:51 PM
Yes but they do have premium features such as WiFi, High Backed seats and I believe extra legroom.

They're too good just to appear on any old route, in my opinion. I remember the 10 was supposed to receive some new Enviro 400s a couple of years ago, only for them to be allocate to a different route...
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 26, 2018, 10:07:26 PM
Is it possible to fit just next stop announcements onto the Mmcs which will be used on the 11A/C? This route in my opinion would really benefit from announcements more so than any other route.
I agree, maybe WiFi as well, since WiFi is becoming the norm these days.
Maybe fit the E200 MMC on the 4, 6 and 58 with WiFi and Next stop anouncements as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

My point was the last time the 9 was upgraded oh yeah less than 3 years ago, they were used to upgrade the 16, 101 & 7 so was wondering if it been called out which route would benefit next month.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 26, 2018, 10:25:10 PM
My point was the last time the 9 was upgraded oh yeah less than 3 years ago, they were used to upgrade the 16, 101 & 7 so was wondering if it been called out which route would benefit next month.

The bulk of the 9 & 50 Crimson E400MMC's (6111-6148) are being used to upgrade the Outer Circle.

Quote from: Winston on November 26, 2018, 10:37:40 PM
The bulk of the 9 & 50 Crimson E400MMC's (6111-6148) are being used to upgrade the Outer Circle.
He's asking where 4763 - 4776 are going @Winston.

He's saying 4799 - 4829 were used to upgrade the 7/16/101 and given they're the same vehicle type, he was wandering where the batch at CV are going?

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 26, 2018, 09:08:35 PM
Not sure if it's been posted already, however when Cov's x11 and 12 get upgraded which route will benefit from the current newish batch being used on them currently?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
He's asking where 4763 - 4776 are going @Winston.

He's saying 4799 - 4829 were used to upgrade the 7/16/101 and given they're the same vehicle type, he was wandering where the batch at CV are going?

He originally was, now he's on about the 9.

monkeyjoe

Still asking where the cov buses are going, comparing to the previous 9 upgrade scenario.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 27, 2018, 06:21:43 AM
Still asking where the cov buses are going, comparing to the previous 9 upgrade scenario.

Probably another CV route like the 4s
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

don

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 27, 2018, 06:21:43 AM

As they have over 50 of what are already or will soon be some of the oldest vehicles in the fleet, it would make sense for the 47xx to be cascaded within Coventry and old buses replaced. It would also save them having to be repainted again - all conjecture though!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Mike K

I quite like the latest style of branding, although it would look more effective if the coloured section at the front were at an angle rather than vertical, i.e. in the same style as the Dundee Emeralds, imho. Certainly adds a bit of colour to an increasingly grey fleet. Slightly puzzled by the liberal use of diamonds though, in particular the diamond behind the route number. It's very - Diamond.

They are making such modifications to the livery / vinyls on these that they might as well leave the ADL factory in just the base grey livery.

Is the entire colour coded front section vinyl, or is it painted with just vinyls for the diamond detailing?

Quote from: Mike K on November 27, 2018, 08:22:01 AM
I quite like the latest style of branding, although it would look more effective if the coloured section at the front were at an angle rather than vertical, i.e. in the same style as the Dundee Emeralds, imho. Certainly adds a bit of colour to an increasingly grey fleet. Slightly puzzled by the liberal use of diamonds though, in particular the diamond behind the route number. It's very - Diamond.

They are making such modifications to the livery / vinyls on these that they might as well leave the ADL factory in just the base grey livery.

Is the entire colour coded front section vinyl, or is it painted with just vinyls for the diamond detailing?
It's not paint it's all  vinyl wrap, with viynl you can pretty much do what ever your imagination comes up with its so versatile , it protects the paint too ,you can apply clear vinyl protective wrap as well to protect the original paintwork if you wish, could potentially save it from the bus wash.

One thing I have noticed on the new 50 branding the blue puma stripe goes further along the bodywork onto the rear emergency door rather than stopping just above the rear wheel, prefer the original basically wheel to wheel almost.

One for Tony I guess ,
The wifi as I understand it all buses have it as traffic log and the innit wayfarers work with Internet connection for information, is it case of another module for open wifi or may be flicking a switch?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk