News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Who cares where the new buses get allocated! End of the day it's the decision of NX management where to invest the new buses NOT bus enthusiasts! It annoys me that people say oh the 94, 952 and X21 etc  are being neglected, NX does not have an infinite amount of money to spend on new buses!

Please for the love god JUST BE HAPPY THAT THERE ARE NEW VEHICLES THIS YEAR!!!!!

Rant over
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MasterPlan

https://nxbus.co.uk/platinum/

Looks like the list has finally been updated. Not sure why the ☓21 has been included though.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:13:14 PM
Exactly what I'm saying. These routes shouldn't have been made platinum to start with. As proposed by many others just have nice crimson vehicles without the livery.

Every bus company is a business that has to make a profit for its shareholders and so will allocate new vehicles to the routes that it will gain the most profit from. NXWM have decided that all new double deckers will use the Platinum brand whether the routes they are used on are limited stop or normal stopping services.

The features on Platinum vehicles will hopefully attract even more customers than that currently use those routes even if the route stops at every other lamp post.

Eventually every NXWM route could become Platinum when the existing Platinum vehicles are cascaded for the second or third time, but in all probability, a new brand will be introduced for the highest performing routes before that happens, so the process will start again.

JoNi

Quote from: Ian Hardy on November 25, 2018, 08:12:39 PM
Every bus company is a business that has to make a profit for its shareholders and so will allocate new vehicles to the routes that it will gain the most profit from. NXWM have decided that all new double deckers will use the Platinum brand whether the routes they are used on are limited stop or normal stopping services.

The features on Platinum vehicles will hopefully attract even more customers than that currently use those routes even if the route stops at every other lamp post.

Eventually every NXWM route could become Platinum when the existing Platinum vehicles are cascaded for the second or third time, but in all probability, a new brand will be introduced for the highest performing routes before that happens, so the process will start again.

It usually happens when a new type of bus appears, the brand has a bad name or there's a new face at the helm:)

SK68MEV

Change of subject because the X70 will be going platinum will we get the one trident that starts on there that goes onto the 70 then the 14
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Sh4318

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on November 25, 2018, 06:32:27 PM
Who cares where the new buses get allocated! End of the day it's the decision of NX management where to invest the new buses NOT bus enthusiasts! It annoys me that people say oh the 94, 952 and X21 etc  are being neglected, NX does not have an infinite amount of money to spend on new buses!

Please for the love god JUST BE HAPPY THAT THERE ARE NEW VEHICLES THIS YEAR!!!!!

Rant over

If I'm being honest, I much prefer these discussions than arguments over noteworthy workings.

The most interest part of new buses to me, aren't the new buses themselves - as good as Platinum MMCs are, new buses are just dull to me - its the cascades.

I'm much more interested to see what will happen to the E400s that currently work the 11/12
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 25, 2018, 07:18:12 PM
https://nxbus.co.uk/platinum/

Looks like the list has finally been updated. Not sure why the ☓21 has been included though.
I don't either...

If some of 6711-6718 come to WA, could this see off the remaining 41** at WA? Also displace some 43** to WN to see off their remaining 41**?

I love Walsall buses

John

A picture of 6902 is on Facebook complete with blue 50 branding. Similar style to the Dundee 22 branding. Looks great apart from USB charging branding within the ad frame which will soon be covered over with a T ad

I love Walsall buses

It's in the style as the tfwm does this confirm that the 50 will be a joint operation

Westy

Quote from: Ian Hardy on November 25, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

Depending on the age of the vehicle, wouldn't it get a repaint into standard livery at some point?

The Timesavers did!

cardew

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 25, 2018, 08:42:23 PM
If I'm being honest, I much prefer these discussions than arguments over noteworthy workings.

The most interest part of new buses to me, aren't the new buses themselves - as good as Platinum MMCs are, new buses are just dull to me - its the cascades.

I'm much more interested to see what will happen to the E400s that currently work the 11/12

As Coventry have 12 early Tridents due to be replaced, I would personally expect them to just be used on various Coventry routes or branded for one specific route in due course.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 25, 2018, 09:13:35 PM
Well there we go a branded platinum already for the 50
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2228097797229910&id=100000891349091&set=gm.2181656965421992&source=48&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

Credit to Liam bishop for the photo

For those who aren't on the West Midlands Transport Facebook group, here's the photo that Liam Bishop has posted of 6902 in the new 50 branding...

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 25, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
For those who aren't on the West Midlands Transport Facebook group, here's the photo that Liam Bishop has posted of 6902 in the new 50 branding...
They haven't done the back windows have they, Oh please no !

The Fox 4846

With a probable 6 cascaded Platinums coming to WA with them only having 3 elderly (41**) tridents, could we see 4733-37 which are often used as replacements move to perry Barr in order to increase the allocation of buses for the 7, 16 & 101? If so then would it make sense for the following to happen: 6713-18 PN-WA, 4733-37 WA-PB, 4125/27/55 WA-Withdrawn, 4501-07 PB-WA, 4331-2/46-48 WA-WN, 4134/6/52/60/63 WN-Withdrawn. This of course is just speculation  but it would be nice to see Gemini's in Walsall again (would probably be for 6/7/7A) and would rid of WN's ageing tridents also.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk