News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
I consider only express services to be in a platinum livery. E.g: x1,x2 x7,x8,x10,x3,x4,x5,x51. I don't quite understand why the x12 is platinum- express for about 10 mins then goes around the houses. Into chelmsley in same time as 94. They should get rid of the X, same with x20,x21,x22.

They are already Platinum, that isn't what I asked.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2018, 04:11:02 PM
They are already Platinum, that isn't what I asked.

Exactly what I'm saying. These routes shouldn't have been made platinum to start with. As proposed by many others just have nice crimson vehicles without the livery.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
I consider only express services to be in a platinum livery. E.g: x1,x2 x7,x8,x10,x3,x4,x5,x51. I don't quite understand why the x12 is platinum- express for about 10 mins then goes around the houses. Into chelmsley in same time as 94. They should get rid of the X, same with x20,x21,x22.

Well that shows how much you know then. The X12 has a  longer non-stop run than any you mention except the X51

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:13:14 PM
Exactly what I'm saying. These routes shouldn't have been made platinum to start with. As proposed by many others just have nice crimson vehicles without the livery.

So you think National Express shouldn't be trying to attract extra passengers onto those routes?

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:13:14 PM

You were originally arguing that it was only Birmingham routes that got Platinum upgrades, suggesting you had other/better ideas where the new buses should be going, hence my original question.

Normally, you would see more routes benefit from cascades, but because the decision has been made to upgrade the Outer Circle with 3 year old Crimson E400MMC's, with it's high PVR that route alone will gobble up more then 50% of available cascades. But it is an important route, that will benefit many even though it doesn't enter the City Centre.

BK63 YWP

@Trident 4194 do you actually use your brain? Or just get a kick out of arguements?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

The fact the X21 has been left without new Platinums is hysterical, yet the 9 and 50 are getting them...
Even though this sounds daft as the X70 is getting Platinum's, how is it even a key route? I can't see a route being every 30 minutes a key route...
So as 'non express' routes (9 and 50) are getting Platniums why can't other 'non express' routes not get them that are overdue an upgrade? 65/67, 72 and 94 etc.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2018, 04:17:05 PM
So you think National Express shouldn't be trying to attract extra passengers onto those routes?

Can I also mention the fact that there are two different platinum vehicles with different features. E.g: the ones at AG, WA,PN that don't have plug sockets, nor the micro hybrid engine? Wouldn't it be a good idea to repaint there into crimson livery? Where are the 6701-6718 vehicles even going now?

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2018, 04:34:50 PM
The fact the X21 has been left without new Platinums is hysterical, yet the 9 and 50 are getting them...
Even though this sounds daft as the X70 is getting Platinum's, how is it even a key route? I can't see a route being every 30 minutes a key route...
So as 'non express' routes (9 and 50) are getting Platniums why can't other 'non express' routes not get them that are overdue an upgrade? 65/67, 72 and 94 etc.
To try and attract new passengers onto the X70?

The 65, 67, 72, 97 and 94 are using old buses, but NX have to use them somewhere. There has been lots of red and white ex 11 branded Gemini and a few ALX400 on the 72 recently.
They may well get an upgrade one day. The 11 is currently using elderly double decks being a key route and will soon be benefitting from a fleet of nearly new MMC.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2018, 04:34:50 PM

It's already been said with BC expecting another 6 x Platinum's more than the X70 needs, there will be more spare to covert the X21 to Platinum.

Because only 5% of the NXWM fleet is being replaced this year and they wanted the Crimson E400MMC's off the 9 & 50 to upgrade the Outer Circle, replacing anything off the routes you suggest would not release suitable cascades.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:36:55 PM
Can I also mention the fact that there are two different platinum vehicles with different features. E.g: the ones at AG, WA,PN that don't have plug sockets, nor the micro hybrid engine? Wouldn't it be a good idea to repaint there into crimson livery? Where are the 6701-6718 vehicles even going now?

6701-10 will be staying at AG, I assume 6711-18 will top up WA's allocation on Platinum's from the same batch & possibly a few extra for AG? As there's not enough for the X12 either.

Bus1237

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2018, 04:17:05 PM
Personally, I don't understand why they have to be grey? The buses can still have those features without being grey... it's easy to advertise free wifi on the side of a bus, and make it clear, but making a bus grey may not mean anything to a lot of people. They're painting buses crimson, but adding platinum buses, so what is the ultimate goal? To have a crimson and grey fleet? The hybrids were advertised by being green at first, but once they became a normal sight, they got painted into crimson. And this is what I think should happen with the platinums.

winston

Quote from: Bus1237 on November 25, 2018, 05:14:07 PM
Personally, I don't understand why they have to be grey? The buses can still have those features without being grey... it's easy to advertise free wifi on the side of a bus, and make it clear, but making a bus grey may not mean anything to a lot of people. They're painting buses crimson, but adding platinum buses, so what is the ultimate goal? To have a crimson and grey fleet? The hybrids were advertised by being green at first, but once they became a normal sight, they got painted into crimson. And this is what I think should happen with the platinums.

NX owned Kings Ferry run two different liveries, their highest spec coaches are painted in grey VIP livery, I assume that's where the inspiration for the Platinum colours could have come from.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/69870962@N02/43924210691
https://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/42880386610

People will notice the Platinum upgrades on the 9 & 50 before stepping inside, if they were another batch of Crimson's, they wouldn't stand out as much to the rest of the fleet.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:23:11 PM

Am I right in saying all platinum routes enter city centre? No coincidence there?
529 doesn't

Tony

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 25, 2018, 06:12:59 PM
529 doesn't

That was why I specified Birmingham in my reply.

The 529 does enter the City Centre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk