News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 25, 2018, 03:06:52 PM
Not at all. That's a ridiculous statement. Never mind new orders what about neglected routes, never getting new vehicles, what about those passengers? My suggestion is to keep the platinum brand separate, whilst still enhancing new orders of standard buses. If anything it would promote new routes but also would mean that the platinum brand is viewed as a higher quality. No point having a - high quality brand - that just gets lumped on any route. By keeping platinum separate it will promote express routes, and long-distance services. If platinum buses are ordered for short journey commuter routes what is the point in having usb sockets? For 10 minute journeys? Or what's the point in having WiFi on commuter services where people can't get a seat? This is why my suggestion is as such: to improve new bus orders but to only have certain features on the Platinum brand where they will actually benefit customers.

Just because they're expreess doesn't mean your on the bus for longer.
There will be passengers on a route such as the X70 making a 10 minute journey from the City Centre to Bromford. Just because its express does not mean they're on the bus for any longer than a passenger making a journey on a non express route like the X22 from the City Centre to University.

Most routes see use from commuters, even express routes, its been said by some you never get a seat on the express X51.

How will taking away features such as USB plugs "benefit" passengers?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:23:11 PM

Am I right in saying all platinum routes enter city centre? No coincidence there?

No, your wrong. The 529 doesn't neither will the NXC's 11 & 12

It's also Birmingham City Centre that introduced the emission rules early and they are now ahead of other areas.

Tony

Am I right in saying all platinum routes enter city centre? No coincidence there?

If you are referring to Birmingham City Centre - No

No, they do not all enter Birmingham City Centre.
529 and 11/11U/12X.
Has it not occured to you that there are lots of bus routes into Birmingham City Centre, more than there are into a place like Halesowen and it is a very busy place, with lots of key high frequency busy routes, which is why lots of them do serve the City Centre and ontop of that there is the emission zone in Birmingham City Centre.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2018, 03:24:06 PM
No, your wrong. The 529 doesn't neither will the NXC's 11 & 12

Okay so the 529 is basically the only one. I don't include Coventry into this. The 529 is a express/ direct route, so does justify the brand in my opinion. However out of the 300 platinum vehicles there are only 25-30 that are used on outer city routes. Says a lot about where the moneys being made- in the city centre

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:26:57 PM
Okay so the 529 is basically the only one. I don't include Coventry into this. The 529 is a express/ direct route, so does justify the brand in my opinion. However out of the 300 platinum vehicles there are only 25-30 that are used on outer city routes. Says a lot about where the moneys being made- in the city centre

The 529 is 'a express' route??????

Yes of course the money is made on routes into a city centre, same as every city in the world

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:26:57 PM

Th 529 isn't express and neither was the 126, they are both full stopping services.

As the majority of routes radiate from Birmingham City Centre and that's where the majority of the 1500+ strong work, that's why most of the Platinum's are where they are.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2018, 03:30:31 PM
The 529 is 'a express' route??????

Yes of course the money is made on routes into a city centre, same as every city in the world

Well it's most direct route out of all of them? So only if you travel into city centre should you be treated to nice buses?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
Well it's most direct route out of all of them? So only if you travel into city centre should you be treated to nice buses?
Most platinum routes go to the City Centre as thats where lots of routes start from, being a very big and busy place.

Not all passengers on those routes are travelling to the City Centre either, you have passengers on the X1 who benefit, but are travelling between the Airport and Swan only, they get platinum buses and don't travel into the City Centre, there are lots of other examples as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 25, 2018, 03:42:14 PM
Most platinum routes go to the City Centre as thats where lots of routes start from, being a very big and busy place.

Not all passengers on those routes are travelling to the City Centre either, you have passengers on the X1 who benefit travelling between the Airport and Swan, they get platinum buses and don't travel into the City Centre, there are lots of other examples as well.

How may people travelling out of Walsall on the 997 go to Birmingham City Centre? - nil normally

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 03:38:26 PM

What routes do you consider should upgraded to Platinum then?

CL

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2018, 03:44:59 PM
How may people travelling out of Walsall on the 997 go to Birmingham City Centre? - nil normally
Unless they decide to take the scenic route! ;)

Probably a daft question, but will 6701-58 ever get charging points retrofitted? ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2018, 02:58:26 PM
Yes. They are the Scarborough vehicles
Ok Tony thanks couldn't remember where the other ADL factory was

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2018, 03:46:14 PM
What routes do you consider should upgraded to Platinum then?

I consider only express services to be in a platinum livery. E.g: x1,x2 x7,x8,x10,x3,x4,x5,x51. I don't quite understand why the x12 is platinum- express for about 10 mins then goes around the houses. Into chelmsley in same time as 94. They should get rid of the X, same with x20,x21,x22.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
I consider only express services to be in a platinum livery. E.g: x1,x2 x7,x8,x10,x3,x4,x5,x51. I don't quite understand why the x12 is platinum- express for about 10 mins then goes around the houses. Into chelmsley in same time as 94. They should get rid of the X, same with x20,x21,x22.
The X12 additionally serves an important connection with the Airport/NEC and Solihull Station/Solihull Town Centre. X20/X21/X22, serve an important connection with the Uni of Birmingham/QE and City Centre as well as connecting outer areas as well Selly Oak, Bartley Green, Northfield, etc with places such as the QE and City Centre.
So passengers on there don't deserve platinum buses, because it goes "round the houses".
Just because your on a limited stop service doesn't mean your on the bus for longer.
So I personally don't understand that logic, that only express routes deserve platinum buses, it has also been said, that the features you see on platinum vehicles are now becomming standard for lots of operators across the country.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk