News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Mike K on November 22, 2018, 07:32:11 PM
I don't follow that logic. Take a route like the 9 - if some journeys on that route have an 'X' put in front of them and miss out a handful of stops on the Hagley Road (but in reality still crawl through the same endless traffic as other buses in the rush hour) those paasengers on the X bus are more deserving of better seats, Wifi and USB?

There's also a tendency to lose sight of what many express / Limited Stop routes are in the West Midlands. Sure, you have the X12, X51 and X70 but most of the others either miss out an inner city suburb by using an underpass or expressway but after that are slow, long winded all-stop routes, and others save only a handful of minutes over similar all stop routes. Certainly not express routes in the true sense of the word. And then you have the X20/21/22 which could see NX done under the Trades Description Act.

It makes perfect sense to me. I just associate express/limited stop routes to a higher standard of travel.

Admittedly most of my travel is via train. If I'm going on a train that doesn't stop at every station, I expect a higher quality of travel compared to an all shacks, get on-get off service.

That's just my two cents anyway, I didn't take the rush hour comment in consideration, regardless of the traffic flow, I'd expect to get home sooner on an express route than an all stopping one, the less stops involved, the higher standard of travel I expect *shrugs*
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 22, 2018, 07:05:50 PM
Point taken though, people aren't overly offended by the lack of Wi-Fi/leather seats/charging points on their bus. Getting from A to B is priority, everything else is a "nice to have"

I will agree with that, I must be one of the few passengers out there who doesn't really care about Wi-Fi or charging points, I don't use either, because I am not glued to my phone 24/7.

While I will put up with old cold buses with uncomfortable seats on a day to day basis, I will admit it is nice when an Enviro400 MMC or Enviro200 MMC randomly gets on the 2 or 3, it does feel like a bit of a treat!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 22, 2018, 07:08:52 PM
Unlike the other express routes, the 952 isn't really a high profile route.
High profile or not it's still limited stop. I like how nobody brings up the 907, just shows how neglected it is now. As it's been mentioned it had the leather seated Omnilinks for a couple of years. I agree with some others, imo a Platinum bus should highlight its limited stop/express service.

SK68MEV

Just a quick question would the route branding for the new route look like the Emerald 22
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

don

Quote from: The Real 4778 on November 22, 2018, 11:45:39 AM
Reflect and review before posting, unless this is a joke!

The only reason - then you give three! 

There are at least ten generally accepted reasons for modal choice, but let's not allow facts to get in the way hey!

He missed an 's' off reasons but you split an infinitive big time - equally valid grammatical errors really!!

You are right about modal choice but some reasons are more important than others - Trident has picked headlines I'd say - I'd also say he's not a professional transport planner 😏
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2018, 10:27:31 PM
Yes for new buses

That's interesting - will thus include single deckers (like Arriva does with Sapphire?)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on November 22, 2018, 08:34:24 PM
I like how nobody brings up the 907, just shows how neglected it is now.
I agree with you, the 907 is my route and it has been neglected for years, I remember speaking to an inspector last year about it and he said the only important part of the route is between College Road/Kingstanding Road and New Oscott (Tesco) because New Oscott to Sutton has the 5 as the most important route and Perry Barr to City has the 33 and 934-7 seen as the important routes. This is why it has been left to rot.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 22, 2018, 09:50:00 PM
I agree with you, the 907 is my route and it has been neglected for years, I remember speaking to an inspector last year about it and he said the only important part of the route is between College Road/Kingstanding Road and New Oscott (Tesco) because New Oscott to Sutton has the 5 as the most important route and Perry Barr to City has the 33 and 934-7 seen as the important routes. This is why it has been left to rot.

In what way is the 907 neglected?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

The Real 4778

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 23, 2018, 11:56:21 AM
In what way is the 907 neglected?

I was thinking the same.  My son used it for two years to get to B-Met from the Beggars Bush stop, and apart from the 4777-81 staple diet, there are plenty of Platinums kicked out onto it. 

He never complained about it, even during the periods of heavy snowfall last winter. 

It might feel like a Cinderella route because it doesn't use the 'main road' (i.e. via Six Ways), and it's alone up College Road since the demise of the 42 and 113, but it's not exactly neglected or forgotten in reality.
Don't you start.

B.C Driver

Quote from: The Real 4778 on November 23, 2018, 12:45:22 PM
I was thinking the same.  My son used it for two years to get to B-Met from the Beggars Bush stop, and apart from the 4777-81 staple diet, there are plenty of Platinums kicked out onto it. 

He never complained about it, even during the periods of heavy snowfall last winter. 

It might feel like a Cinderella route because it doesn't use the 'main road' (i.e. via Six Ways), and it's alone up College Road since the demise of the 42 and 113, but it's not exactly neglected or forgotten in reality.

I was thinking the same, I mean after all, since it was the 107 it is now upgraded to limited stop, benefiting from using the Six Ways underpass and Birchfield Rd fly over resulting in quicker journey times. Granted there arnt Platinums on it all the time, but it regually gets them, which is more than could be said for many other routes...
If anything the passengers at Six Ways Aston have been neglected, once having FIVE routes into City stopping there (33, 51, 52, 107 and 113) - now only having TWO routes into City non of which are Platinum.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

monkeyjoe

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 23, 2018, 01:02:26 PM
I was thinking the same, I mean after all, since it was the 107 it is now upgraded to limited stop, benefiting from using the Six Ways underpass and Birchfield Rd fly over resulting in quicker journey times. Granted there arnt Platinums on it all the time, but it regually gets them, which is more than could be said for many other routes...
If anything the passengers at Six Ways Aston have been neglected, once having FIVE routes into City stopping there (33, 51, 52, 107 and 113) - now only having TWO routes into City non of which are Platinum.

Now the 67 65 and 94 since moved to PB  are neglected compared to the 907 . Had to get that in there.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 23, 2018, 02:15:14 PM
Now the 67 65 and 94 since moved to PB  are neglected compared to the 907 . Had to get that in there.
Completely forgot about castle vale services ,remember the brand new merc 0405n,s replacing the metros on the 65  and the outcry that they were totally inadequate for passenger numbers, soon replaced by ALX400 B7TL,s probably the last time it had new buses I think.
67 we all know what happen with the great white elephant that was the bendi bus .
One would have thought these services would be candiate for refurbed 4800/4900s at least. 

Tony

It's strange how everyone has their favourite route that they think is neglected, yes other posts are complaining that routes don't deserve new buses because high spec buses shouldn't be on them.
Some routes have to be operated by 15 year old Geminii and it isn't going to be a route at a garage that doesn't currently operate Volvo B7s because of the training costs of both drivers and engineers

Jack

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 23, 2018, 01:02:26 PM
There was the 34 too so that makes six.

The 907 is prone to late running, it serves traffic hot spots, New Oscott which can take ages to get through. Perry Barr at the Crown and Cushion island and the Bull Street stop, fighting for the stop. Sutton can be a pain at times.
The 907 needs something doing, so does the 952 as they both are dying.

winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk